CMake 2.8.8-rc2 ready for testing!Posted in Software Process, Open Source, Company News. Viewed 1376 times.
Authored by: David Cole
The CMake 2.8.8 release candidate stream continues! You can find the source and binaries here:
Some of the notable changes in this release are:
- per target include directories via the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES target property
- new Ninja generator on Linux
- CMakeAddFortranSubdirectory: build MSVC compatible dlls with MinGW gfortran
- CMakePackageConfigHelpers: an easy way to generate a package config file for your package
(do not write a new Find module, provide a package config file)
- various find_package improvements: MODULE mode, clearer error messages
- support for Xcode 4.3 (which has a new default location, and a new directory structure)
- update libarchive to newer upstream version: "libarchive 3.0.2-r4051 (reduced)"
- new OBJECT_LIBRARY target type, CMake flavored "convenience libraries"
- major Find module clean up effort: consistent use of FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS, add version number variables
- much improved CPack documentation, see "cpack --help-command" and "cpack --help-variable"
- and, as always, various minor bug fixes
Following is the complete list of changes in this rc since the last release. Please try this version of CMake on your projects and report any issues to the list or the bug tracker.
Changes in CMake 2.8.8-rc2 (since 2.8.8-rc1)
Alex Neundorf (4):
make cmLocalGenerator::EscapeForCMake() static
automoc: fix #13018, proper cmake escaping to avoid false rebuilds
automoc: add define to test which caused bug #13018
fix #13054: support OBJECT libraries in Eclipse
Ben Boeckel (1):
Create granular targets for Ninja generators too
Brad King (6):
CTest.UpdateHG: Fix repo URL for leading slash
Always compile sources with known language
Classify known header file extensions as headers
VS: Add CMakeLists.txt re-run rules at start of generation
Test generated module .def files
Ninja: Fix module .def file path conversion
David Cole (2):
CMake: Clarify SUFFIX target property documentation.
Xcode: Pay attention to custom configuration types (#13082)
Peter Collingbourne (1):
Ninja: Substitute <OBJECT> and <CMAKE_C_COMPILER> in depfile flags
Rolf Eike Beer (2):
FILE: mention that TO_CMAKE_PATH also handles list delimiters
FIND_LIBRARY: document FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS
Sean McBride (1):
automoc: include <unistd.h> on Apple to get pathconf
Tom Hughes (1):
Override topdir from rpm command line seems necessary on Amazon linux.