Note: Use of the Kitware Logo is not an implied endorsement by Kitware, or its subsidiaries, of your organization, tookit or project.
Kitware is a growing company, an active participant in the open source community and an enthusiastic proponent of an open source business model. As an indication of Kitware's presence in the community we would like to highlight the following awards and recognition:
- Kitware Co-Founder and Chairman Ken Martin Named 2012 CFO of the Year
- Dr. Ken Martin, Chairman and CFO of Kitware, was named as CFO of the Year by the Albany Business Review. Dr. Martin was selected as a finalist from among over 100 nominations in the small business category, and was named the category winner at an awards ceremony in Troy, New York.
- 2013 Inc. 5,000 List: Kitware Makes the Inc. 5000 for the Sixth Consecutive Year
- For the sixth year running, Kitware made the Inc. 5000 list, spurred on by our successful open-source business model and collaborative work spanning the fields of computer vision, informatics, medical computing, scientific computing and visualization, data management, and quality software process.
- Kitware Receives Honors in 2012 HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
- Kitware was recognized in the annual HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards, presented at the 2012 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC12), in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 2012 Inc. 5,000 List
- Kitware was ranked #1245 on Inc. Magazine's list of 5,000 fastest-growing private companies due to 248% growth from 2008-2011. Kitware was #100 on the Software Industry list.
- 2011 HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards for Best HPC Visualization Product or Technology for VTK
- These awards are determined through online polling of the global HPCwire audience, along with a rigorous selection process involving HPCwire editors and industry luminaries. They represent which HPC-related companies are making the biggest impacts in mind-share within this community. Kitware was honored to accept the awards on behalf of the global ParaView community.
- 2011 Inc. 5,000 List
- Kitware was ranked #1572 on Inc. Magazine's list of 5,000 fastest-growing private companies due to 175% growth from 2007-2010.
- 2011 Winning Workplaces Award
- The Top Small Company Workplaces competition recognizes the nation's 50 best small and mid-sized company work environments.
- 2011 Tibbetts Award for the Software Toolkit for Image-Guided Surgery (IGSTK) Phases I and II STTRs
- The Tibbetts Award recognizes companies and individuals who represent excellence in achieving the mission and goals of SBIR and STTR programs, namely promoting domestic small businesses' engagement in research or research and development with the potential for commercialization. IGSTK was a technologically innovative idea that has been taken from conception to completion; initially a Phase I project, IGSTK has now been integrated into various research projects and studies with resounding success.
- 2010 HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards for Best HPC Visualization Product or Technology for ParaView
- Kitware was honored to accept the awards on behalf of the global ParaView community.
- 2010 Inc. 5,000 List
- Kitware ranked #1655 the 2010 list and ranked #113 in the software industry due to 172% growth from 2006-2009.
- 2009 Inc. 5,000 List
- Kitware ranked #3330 on the 2008 Inc. 5,000 List.
- 2008 Inc. 5,000 List
- Kitware ranked #3026 in the 2009 Inc. 5,000 List.
- 2009 Best of Clifton Park Award
- Kitware was selected for the Best of Clifton Park Award in the Computer Software Development category by the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA) in both 2008 and 2009. The USCA "Best of Local Business" Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. The USCA identifies companies that they believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category.
- 2008 Best of Clifton Park Award
- Kitware was selected for enhancing the positive image of small business through service to its customers and community.