Director of Business Development
Brad Davis works closely with customers and the Kitware team to discover, define, and execute successful software R&D projects. He is responsible for identifying opportunities to apply Kitware’s technology to assist our commercial customers in a variety of fields.
Brad joined Kitware in 2006 as an R&D Engineer and has over 13 years of experience participating in and leading software-related projects in academic and commercial/industrial R&D settings. His focus areas include medical image analysis, statistics of shape, point cloud processing, and 3D interactive visualization.
Brad is also an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), where he defended his dissertation in 2008 under Sarang Joshi and continues to collaborate on research grants. His research focuses on shape analysis, particularly in the domains of medical imaging and computer vision. He has published more than 25 refereed publications in this area and won awards including a Marr prize and the UNC Distinguished Dissertation Award.
In 2001 and 2002, Brad worked as a research assistant for the Department of Radiation Oncology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. There, he developed software tools for detecting treatment setup errors and measuring portal image distortion.
Brad graduated magna cum laude from Carleton College in 2001 with degrees in philosophy and computer science.
- R. Kwitt, N. Vasconcelos, N. Rasiwasia, A. Uhl, B. Davis, M. Häfner, and F. Wrba, "Endoscopic Image Analysis in Semantic Space," Medical Image Analysis, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1415-1422, Oct. 2012.
- P. Marion, R. Kwitt, B. Davis, and M. Gschwandtner, "PCL and ParaView - Connecting the Dots," CVPR Workshop on Point Cloud Processing, 2012.
- I. Csapo, B. Davis, Y. Shi, M. Sanchez, M. Sanchez, M. Styner, and M. Niethammer, "Longitudinal Image Registration with Non-Uniform Appearance Change," Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, 2012.
- I. Csapo, B. Davis, Y. Shi, M. Sanchez, M. Styner, and M. Niethammer, "Temporally-Dependent Image Similarity Measure for Longitudinal Analysis," Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration, 2012.
- B. Davis and B. Hoffman, "Issue RADAR Using Git/Master/MANTIS," Kitware Source, Jan. 2011.
- S. C. Joshi, M. Foskey, and B. Davis, "Automatic Organ Localization for Adaptive Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer,"Nov. 2010.
- X. Liu, B. Davis, M. Niethammer, S. Pizer, and G. Mageras., "Prediction-driven Respiratory Motion Atlas Formation for 4D Image- guided Radiation Therapy in Lung ," MICCAI'10 Pulmonary Image Analysis Workshop, 2010.
- B. C. Davis et al., "Population Shape Regression from Random Design Data,"pp. 1-7, Jan. 2010.
- B. C. Davis and S. Lazebnik, "Analysis of human attractiveness using manifold kernel regression," International Conference on Image Processing, 2008, pp. 109-112.
- B. Davis, "Medical Image analysis via Frechet means of diffeomorphisms,"Jan. 2008.
- B. Davis et al., "Population Shape Regression from Random Design Data," International Conference on Computer Vision, 2007.
- S. Aylward, J. Jomier, S. Barre, B. Davis, and L. Ibanez, "Optimizing ITK's Registration Methods for Multi-processor, Shared-memory Systems," MICCAI Workshop on Open Source and Open Data, 2007.
- P. Lorenzen, M. Prastawa, B. Davis, G. Gerig, E. Bullitt, and S. Joshi, "Multi-Modal Image Set Registration and Atlas Formation," Elsevier, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 440-451, Jan. 2006.
- A. Pevsner, B. Davis, S. Joshi, A. Hertanto, J. Mechalakos, E. Yorke, K. Rosenzweig, S. Nehmeh, Y. Erdi, J. Humm, S. Larson, C. Ling, and G. Mageras, "Evaluation of an automated deformable image matching method for quantifying lung motion in respiration-correlated CT images," Medical Physics, Jan. 2006.
- C. Goodlett, B. Davis, R. Jean, J. H. Gilmore, and G. Gerig, "Improved Correspondence for DTI Population Studies Via Unbiased Atlas Building," Springer, vol. 4191, pp. 260-267, Jan. 2006.
- G. Gerig, B. Davis, P. Lorenzen, S. Xu, M. Jomier, J. Piven, and S. C. Joshi, "Computational Anatomy to Assess Longitudinal Trajectory of Brain Growth," 3D Data Processing, Visualization, and Data Transmission, 2006, pp. 1041-1047.
- S. Xu, M. Styner, B. Davis, S. Joshi, and G. Gerig, Group mean differences of voxel and surface objects via nonlinear averaging. 3rd IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: Nano to Macro, 2006, 2006, pp. 758-761.
- B. Davis et al., "Automatic segmentation of intra-treatment CT images for adaptive radiation therapy of the prostate," Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention in Springer, 2005, pp. 442-443.
- M. Foskey, B. Davis, L. Goyal, S. Chang, N. Strehl, S. Tomei, J. Rosenman, E. Chaney, and S. Joshi, "Large deformation 3D image registration in image-guided radiation therapy," Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 50, pp. 5869-5892, Apr. 2005.
- P. Lorenzen, B. Davis, and S. C. Joshi, "Unbiased Atlas Formation Via Large Deformations Metric Mapping," Springer, vol. 3750, pp. 411-418, Jan. 2005.
- P. Lorenzen, B. Davis, G. Gerig, E. Bullitt, and S. Joshi, Multi-class posterior atlas formation via unbiased kullback-leibler template estimation. Springer, 2004, pp. 95-102.
- A. Pevsner, G. Mageras, S. Joshi, B. Davis, A. Hertanto, E. Yorke, K. Rosenzweig, Y. Erdi, S. Nehmeh, J. Humm, S. Larson, and C. Ling, "Evaluation of a deformable matching algorithm for automatic segmentation of lung tumors from respiratory correlated ct data," AAPM 46th Annual Meeting, 2004., vol. 33, pp. 369-370, Jan. 2004.
- P. Wang, D. Lovelock, S. Joshi, B. Davis, G. Mageras, and C. Ling, Evaluation of an automated deformable registration algorithm for localizing the prostate in serial ct image sets. AAPM 46th Annual Meeting, 2004., 2004.
- S. Joshi, T. Cullip, B. Davis, S. Chang, P. Keall, Y. Erdi, S. Nehmeh, G. Mageras, and J. Rosenman, "4D IMRT optimization accomodating respiratory motion using image mapping," Elsevier, vol. 60, no. 15, pp. 181-182, Jan. 2004.
- B. Davis et al., Accommodating bowel gas in large deformation image registration for adaptive radiation therapy of the prostate. AAPM 46th Annual Meeting, 2004.
- B. Davis et al., Large Deformation Minimum Mean Squared Error Template Estimation for Computational Anatomy. Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2004, pp. 173-176.
- P. Lorenzen, B. Davis, and S. Joshi, Model based symmetric information theoretic large deformation multi-modal image registration. IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: Nano to Macro, 2004, 2004, pp. 720-723.
- S. Joshi, B. Davis, M. Jomier, and G. Gerig, "Unbiased diffeomorphic atlas construction for computational anatomy," NeuroImage, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 151-160, Jan. 2004.
- S. Samant, J. Wu, B. Davis, A. Crouch, B. D.Kahler, and M. Sontag, Supervised gradient edge detection for online mlc verification using epid imaging. AAPM 44th Annual Meeting, 2002, 2002.
- S. Samant, N. Parra, B. Davis, M. Sontag, and G. Narasimhan, A new multi-modality image registration algorithm. AAPM 44th Annual Meeting, 2002, 2002.
- B. Davis et al., "NCV: A Machine Learning Development Environment for Parallel Evaluation,"Jan. 2001.