Director of Business Development
Brad Davis works closely with customers and the Kitware team to discover, define, and execute successful software R&D projects. He is responsible for identifying opportunities to apply Kitware’s technology to assist our commercial customers in a variety of fields.
Brad joined Kitware in 2006 as an R&D Engineer and has over 13 years of experience participating in and leading software-related projects in academic and commercial/industrial R&D settings. His focus areas include medical image analysis, statistics of shape, point cloud processing, and 3D interactive visualization.
Brad is also an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), where he defended his dissertation in 2008 under Sarang Joshi and continues to collaborate on research grants. His research focuses on shape analysis, particularly in the domains of medical imaging and computer vision. He has published more than 25 refereed publications in this area and won awards including a Marr prize and the UNC Distinguished Dissertation Award.
In 2001 and 2002, Brad worked as a research assistant for the Department of Radiation Oncology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. There, he developed software tools for detecting treatment setup errors and measuring portal image distortion.
Brad graduated magna cum laude from Carleton College in 2001 with degrees in philosophy and computer science.
- Quantitative assessment of the upper airway in infants and children with subglottic stenosis," The laryngoscope, vol. 126, no. 5, 2016. , "
- Statistical atlas construction via weighted functional boxplots," Medical image analysis, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 684–698, 2014. , "
- Weighted functional boxplot with application to statistical atlas construction," in Medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2013, p. 584–591. , "
- Longitudinal image registration with non-uniform appearance change," in Proceedings of the international conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2012. , "
- Temporally-dependent image similarity measure for longitudinal analysis," in International workshop on biomedical image registration (wbir), 2012. , "
- Pcl and paraview—connecting the dots," in Cvpr workshop on point cloud processing, 2012. , "
- Endoscopic image analysis in semantic space," Medical image analysis, vol. 16, no. 7, p. 1415–1422, Oct. 2012. , "
- Issue radar using git/master/mantis," Kitware source, 2011. , "
- Population shape regression from random design data," International journal of computer vision, vol. 90, no. 2, 2010. , "
- Prediction-driven respiratory motion atlas formation for 4d image- guided radiation therapy in lung," in Miccai'10 pulmonary image analysis workshop, 2010. , "
- Analysis of human attractiveness using manifold kernel regression," in Proceedings of the international conference on image processing, 2008. , "
- Medical image analysis via frechet means of diffeomorphisms," Ph.D. thesis, Department of computer science; medical image display and analysis group; university of north carolina at chapel hill, 2008. , "
- Population shape regression from random design data," in International conference on computer vision (iccv), 2007. , "
- Optimizing itk's registration methods for multi-processor, shared-memory systems," in Miccai workshop on open source and open data, 2007. , "
- Multi-modal image set registration and atlas formation," Medical image analysis, vol. 10, no. 3, p. 440–451, 2006. , "
- Evaluation of an automated deformable image matching method for quantifying lung motion in respiration-correlated ct images," Medical physics, vol. 33, no. 2, 2006. , "
- Improved correspondence for dti population studies via unbiased atlas building," in Proceedings of the international conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2006. , "
- Computational anatomy to assess longitudinal trajectory of brain growth," in Proceedings of the 3d data processing, visualization, and data transmission symposium, 2006. , "
- Group mean differences of voxel and surface objects via nonlinear averaging," in 3rd ieee international symposium on biomedical imaging: nano to macro, 2006, p. 758–761. , "
- Automatic segmentation of intra-treatment ct images for adaptive radiation therapy of the prostate," in Proceedings of the international conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2005. , "
- Large deformation 3d image registration in image-guided radiation therapy," Physics in medicine and biology, vol. 50, no. 24, p. 5869–5892, Apr. 2005. , "
- Unbiased atlas formation via large deformations metric mapping," in Proceedings of the international conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2005. , "
- Evaluation of a deformable matching algorithm for automatic segmentation of lung tumors from respiratory correlated ct data," vol. 33, 2004. , "
- 4d imrt optimization accomodating respiratory motion using image mapping," vol. 60, no. 15, p. 181–182, Jan. 2004. , "
- Accommodating bowel gas in large deformation image registration for adaptive radiation therapy of the prostate," in Proceedings of the aapm 46th annual meeting, 2004. , "
- Large deformation minimum mean squared error template estimation for computational anatomy," in Proceedings of the ieee symposium on biomedical imaging (isbi), 2004. , "
- Multi-class posterior atlas formation via unbiased kullback-leibler template estimation," in Proceedings of the international conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention (miccai), 2004. , "
- Model based symmetric information theoretic large deformation multi-modal image registration," in Ieee international symposium on biomedical imaging: nano to macro, 2004. , "
- Unbiased diffeomorphic atlas construction for computational anatomy," Neuroimage, vol. 23, no. 1, 2004. , "
- Supervised gradient edge detection for online mlc verification using epid imaging," in Proceedings of the aapm 44th annual meeting, 2002. , "
- A new multi-modality image registration algorithm," in Proceedings of the aapm 44th annual meeting, 2002. , "
- Ncv: a machine learning development environment for parallel evaluation," 2001. , "
- Evaluation of an automated deformable registration algorithm for localizing the prostate in serial ct image sets," in Proceedings of the aapm 46th annual meeting. , "