Chris Harris joined Kitware in July 2011 as a Research and Development Engineer.
He received his Masters in Computing (Artificial Intelligence) from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK.
Chris started his career at IBM United Kingdom Ltd, Hursley Park, UK where he was a member of the middleware development team working on Websphere MQ and Websphere Message Broker. From there, he has worked in a wide variety of problem domains, specializing in highly available, high performance, mission critical systems. Most recently, Chris worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES where he was a Senior Software Engineer working on statistical process control for semiconductor manufacturing systems.
- M. Hanwell, C. Harris, A. Genova, M. Haghighatlari, M. El Khatib, P. Avery, J. Hachmann, and W. Jong, "Open Chemistry, JupyterLab , REST , and quantum chemistry," International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, Sep. 2020. [URL]
- B. Levin, Y. Jiang, E. Padgett, S. Waldon, C. Quammen, C. Harris, U. Ayachit, M. Hanwell, P. Ercius, D. Muller, and R. Hovden, "Tutorial on the Visualization of Volumetric Data Using tomviz," Microscopy Today, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 12-17, Jan. 2018. [URL]
- Y. Jiang, E. Padgett, M. Hanwell, C. Quammen, C. Harris, S. Waldon, D. Muller, and R. Hovden, "tomviz: Providing Advanced Electron Tomography by Streamlining Alignment, Reconstruction, and 3D Visualization," Microscopy and Microanalysis, vol. 23, no. S1, pp. 222-223, Jul. 2017. [URL]
- M. Hanwell, W. de Jong, and C. Harris, "Open chemistry: RESTful web APIs, JSON, NWChem and the modern web application," Journal of Cheminformatics, vol. 9, no. 1, Dec. 2017. [URL]
- C. Harris, P. O'Leary, M. Grauer, A. Chaudhary, C. Kotfila, and R. O'Bara, "Dynamic Provisioning and Execution of HPC Workflows Using Python," in Workshop on Python for High-Performance and Scientific Computing, 2016. [URL]
- P. O'Leary, M. Christon, S. Jourdain, C. Harris, M. Berndt, and A. Bauer, "HPCCloud: A Cloud/Web-Based Simulation Environment," in IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, 2015. [URL]
- W. Silva, B. Burnett, A. Chaudhary, D. DeMarle, and C. Harris, "ClimatePipes: User-friendly data access, manipulation, analysis & visualization of community climate models," Kitware Source, no. 26, 2013.
- M. Hanwell, C. Harris, and A. Vacanti, "High-performance computing made easy with MoleQueue," Kitware Source, no. 24, 2013.
- E. Nogueira, J. Woods, C. Harris, A. Field, and S. Talbot, "Phytoplankton co-existence: Results from an individual-based simulation model," Ecological Modelling, vol. 198, no. 1-2, pp. 1-22, Sep. 2006. [URL]