Mr. DeMarle received his B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the SUNY University at Buffalo in 1995, and his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Utah in 2003. In the interim Dave worked as a computer systems engineer for the Link Flight Simulation Division of the L3-Communications Corporation. Dave’s research interests are in systems level aspects of visualization, in particular memory optimizations for parallel visualization of large data sets. Mr. DeMarle joined Kitware in June of 2005 where he contributes to both ParaView and VTK. He frequently teaches Kitware’s professional development and training courses for these product applications.
- C. Sewell, J. Meredith, K. Moreland, T. Peterka, D. E. DeMarle, L. Lo, J. Ahrens, B. Geveci, and R. Maynard, "The SDAV Software Frameworks for Visualization and Analysis on Next-Generation Multi-Core and Many-Core Architectures," Ultrascale Visualization Workshop, 2013, pp. 206-214.
- W. Silva, B. Burnett, A. Chaudhary, D. DeMarle, and C. Harris, "ClimatePipes: User-Friendly Data Access, Manipulation, Analysis & Visualization of Community Climate Models,"Jul. 2013.
- D. DeMarle et al., Streaming and Out-of-Core methods. CRC Press, 2013, pp. 10.
- C. Brownlee, J. Patchett, L. Lo, D. DeMarle, C. Mitchell, J. Ahrens, and C. Hansen, "A Study of Ray Tracing Large-scale Scientific Data in Parallel Visualization Applications," Eurographics Parallel Graphics and Visualization , Jan. 2012.
- C. Brislawn, J. Woodring, S. Mniszewski, D. DeMarle, and J. Ahrens, "Subband coding for large-scale scientific simulation data using JPEG 2000," IEEE Southwest Symposium on Image Analysis and Interpretation (SSIAI), Jan. 2012.
- J. Woodring, J. Ahrens, S. Mniszewski, C. Brislawn, and D. DeMarle, "Revisiting Wavelet Copression with JPEG 2000 to Ensure Data Precision for Large-Scale Data," LDAV 2011 IEEE Symposium on Large-Scale Data Analysis and Visualization, 2011.
- D. DeMarle et al., "Multi-Resolution Streaming in VTK and ParaView.," Kitware Source, Sep. 2010.
- L. Lo and D. DeMarle, Rendered Realism at (Nearly) Real Time Rates. Kitware Inc, 2010.
- J. Ahrens, J. Woodring, D. DeMarle, J. Patchett, and M. Maltrud, "Interactive Remote Large-Scale Data Visualization via Prioritized Multi-resolution Streaming," Proceedings of the UltraScale Visualization Workshop, Nov. 2009.
- U. Ayachit and D. DeMarle, "Customizing ParaView," IEEE Revise Workshop, 2009.
- D. E. DeMarle et al., "Memory Sharing for Interactive Ray Tracing on Clusters," Elsevier, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 221-242, Feb. 2005.
- D. DeMarle et al., Memory-Savvy Distributed Interactive Ray Tracing. Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, 2004, pp. 93-100.
- D. E. DeMarle et al., Distributed Interactive Ray Tracing for Large Volume Visualization. Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE Symposium on Parallel and Large-Data Visualization and Graphics, 2003.