Mr. DeMarle received his B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the SUNY University at Buffalo in 1995, and his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Utah in 2003. In the interim Dave worked as a computer systems engineer for the Link Flight Simulation Division of the L3-Communications Corporation. Dave’s research interests are in systems level aspects of visualization, in particular memory optimizations for parallel visualization of large data sets. Mr. DeMarle joined Kitware in June of 2005 where he contributes to both ParaView and VTK. He frequently teaches Kitware’s professional development and training courses for these product applications.
- The sdav software frameworks for visualization and analysis on next-generation multi-core and many-core architectures," Sc companion 2012, p. 206–214, Jul. 2013. , "
- Streaming and out-of-core methods," High performance visualization: enabling extreme scale scientific insight, p. Chapter 10–, Jan. 2013. , "
- Climatepipes: user-friendly data access, manipulation, analysis & visualization of community climate models," Jul. 2013. , "
- A study of ray tracing large-scale scientific data in parallel visualization applications," Eurographics parallel graphics and visualization , Jan. 2012. , "
- Subband coding for large-scale scientific simulation data using jpeg 2000," Ieee southwest symposium on image analysis and interpretation (ssiai), Jan. 2012. , "
- Revisiting wavelet copression with jpeg 2000 to ensure data precision for large-scale data," Oct. 2011. , "
- Multi-resolution streaming in vtk and paraview.," Kitware source, Sep. 2010. , "
- Rendered realism at (nearly) real time rates," Kitware source, Jul. 2010. , "
- Interactive remote large-scale data visualization via prioritized multi-resolution streaming," Proceedings of the ultrascale visualization workshop, Nov. 2009. , "
- Customizing paraview," Oct. 2009. , "
- Memory sharing for interactive ray tracing on clusters," vol. 31, no. 2, p. 221–242, Feb. 2005. , "
- Memory-savvy distributed interactive ray tracing," p. 93–100, Jun. 2004. , "
- Distributed interactive ray tracing for large volume visualization," Oct. 2003. , "