Mr. DeMarle received his B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the SUNY University at Buffalo in 1995, and his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Utah in 2003. In the interim Dave worked as a computer systems engineer for the Link Flight Simulation Division of the L3-Communications Corporation. Dave’s research interests are in systems level aspects of visualization, in particular memory optimizations for parallel visualization of large data sets. Mr. DeMarle joined Kitware in June of 2005 where he contributes to both ParaView and VTK. He frequently teaches Kitware’s professional development and training courses for these product applications.
- W. Silva, B. Burnett, A. Chaudhary, D. DeMarle, and C. Harris, "ClimatePipes: User-friendly data access, manipulation, analysis & visualization of community climate models," Kitware Source, no. 26, 2013.
- C. Sewell, J. Meredith, K. Moreland, T. Peterka, D. DeMarle, L. Lo, J. Ahrens, R. Maynard, and B. Geveci, "The SDAV Software Frameworks for Visualization and Analysis on Next-Generation Multi-Core and Many-Core Architectures," in SC Companion: High Performance Computing, Networking Storage and Analysis, 2012. [URL]
- C. Brislawn, J. Woodring, S. Mniszewski, D. DeMarle, and J. Ahrens, "Subband coding for large-scale scientific simulation data using JPEG 2000," in 2012 IEEE Southwest Symposium on Image Analysis and Interpretation, 2012. [URL]
- D. DeMarle, B. Geveci, J. Woodring, and J. Ahrens, "Streaming and out-of-core methods," in High Performance Visualization: Enabling Extreme-Scale Scientific Insight. CRC Press, 2012, pp. 199-218.
- C. Brownlee, J. Patchett, L. Lo, D. DeMarle, C. Mitchell, J. Ahrens, and C. Hansen, "A study of ray tracing large-scale scientific data in parallel visualization applications," in Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, 2012.
- D. DeMarle and J. Woodring, "Multi-Resolution Streaming in VTK and ParaView," Kitware Source, no. 15, 2010.
- L. Lo and D. DeMarle, "Rendered realism at (nearly) real time rates," Kitware Source, no. 14, 2010.
- J. Ahrens, J. Woodring, D. DeMarle, J. Patchett, and M. Maltrud, "Interactive remote large-scale data visualization via prioritized multi-resolution streaming," in Proceedings of the 2009 Workshop on Ultrascale Visualization - UltraVis '09, 2009. [URL]
- D. DeMarle, C. Gribble, S. Boulos, and S. Parker, "Memory sharing for interactive ray tracing on clusters," Parallel Computing, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 221-242, Feb. 2005. [URL]
- D. DeMarle, C. Gribble, and S. Parker, "Memory-Savvy Distributed Interactive Ray Tracing," in Eurographics, 2004. [URL]
- D. DeMarle, S. Parker, M. Hartner, C. Gribble, and C. Hansen, "Distributed interactive ray tracing for large volume visualization," in IEEE Sensors Journal, 2003. [URL]