Anthony Hoogs will give a talk entitled ‘Big Video Data – Extracting Salient Content from Many Pixels.’ Talk highlights include:
- Wide-Area Video Sensors Now Produce Terabytes of Video Per Day – Most of it is Useless
- Finding Salient Information Requires Deep Understanding of Behaviors, Local Context, Culture
- Advanced Techniques for Detecting Salient Events, Activities and Anomalies in Video are Emerging
- Activity-Based Intelligence (ABI) Can be Automated Effectively Without Perfect Tracking
- Advanced Visualization Methods Allow the User to Efficiently Search and Browse Through Extracted Semantic Content
Dr. Hoogs is also the moderator for the two-day event.