CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for systems and algorithms developers to show off their creations. The intent is for the audience to be inspired to conduct derivative research, for the demonstrators to receive feedback and find new collaborators, and for all to learn about the rapidly evolving field of medical imaging.
The Live Demonstration Workshop will be held as part of the 2017 SPIE Medical Imaging Conference (11-16 February, Orlando, Florida, USA). The date of the workshop date is Tuesday, 14-February, from 5:00-7:00 pm.
The Live Demonstration Workshop invites participation from all of the conferences that comprise the SPIE Medical Imaging Conference. We encourage the CAD, Digital Pathology, Image Processing, Imaging Informatics, Image Perception, Physics, and all other conferences to participate.
This workshop features interactive demonstrations that are complementary to the topics of SPIE Medical Imaging. Workshop demonstrations include samples, systems, and software demonstrations that depict the implementation, operation, and utility of cutting-edge as well as mature research. Having an accepted SPIE Medical Imaging paper is not required for giving a Live Demonstration; however, authors of SPIE Medical Imaging papers are encouraged to submit demonstrations that are complementary to their oral and poster presentations.
New this year, the session will include a Certificate of Merit Award presented to one demonstration considered to be of exceptional interest. We invite all workshop visitors to vote for three of their favorite demonstrations, with the final winner chosen from the top scorers by a group of appointed judges.
January 6, 2017: Deadline for submission
January 11, 2017: Notification of acceptance
January 31, 2017: Deadline for two-slide summary
February 14, 2017: Date for the workshop (5-7pm)
Join the workshop
If you would like to demonstrate at the SPIE Medical Imaging 2017 Live Demonstrations Workshop, please send an e-mail to Heang-Ping Chan and Horst Hahn.
In the e-mail, supply the following information:
- Title of the demo
- Names and affiliations (name of institute, city, country) of the demonstrators
- Short description of the demo, one paragraph minimum. Make sure it clearly describes the technology and application area of the demo. You may cite or include a paper describing the demo.
- Optionally, describe the public data used in the development or evaluation of the system. Include a link to the data or to a page that describes how to access that data.
Please note the following rules and requirements:
- The accepted demonstrations will be listed in the workshop program.
- The demonstrations may be used as stand-alone presentations or to complement posters and oral presentations from any of the tracks (e.g., Image Perception, Visualization, Image processing) at the SPIE Medical Imaging conference.
- If there are more proposals than presentation slots in the workshop, the organizers will accept teams for demonstrations based on the quality of the provided description, while also striving to select a representative mix of applications.
- Each team is responsible for bringing their own equipment. The organization will provide a table and power supply for each demonstration. Demos should be done on a single laptop. If the demo requires an external monitor this is allowed, but there should be no more than one monitor of 25′ maximum size.
- Participation in the workshop is free of charge, but all demonstrators (those present during the workshop) must be registered to attend SPIE Medical Imaging 2016.
- Teams from academia (universities, university medical centers, research organizations), and from industry are invited to participate in this year’s workshop. Demonstrations from industry should be scientific and not commercial in nature; demonstration of research prototypes is highly encouraged.
- All participating teams will need to provide one or two slides describing their system shortly before the conference from which the opening presentation will be compiled.
- After you submit a description, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. Notification of acceptance or rejection will follow on the date given on the dates section.
Will be published when available.
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
6677 Sea Harbor Dr, Orlando, FL 32821