Meet the Team
Kitware North Carolina
Neal joined Kitware in March 2017 as part of the Medical Computing team. While pursuing undergraduate studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Computer Science and Linguistics, Neal worked with UNC’s Physics and Astronomy department to develop software for observational astronomy. In the fall of 2016, Neal studied abroad for the semester at Radboud Universiteit in Nijmegen, the Netherlands; interned with the Diagnostic Image Analysis Group at Radboudumc, the university medical center; and worked on segmentation techniques for blood vessels in retinal images by means of convolutional neural networks. In 2016, Neal received UNC’s Marc Adam Eisdorfer Award for “the senior judged most outstanding in academic achievement in Linguistics”.
- A. Hoogs, M. Dawkins, B. Richards, G. Cutter, D. Hart, M. Clarke, W. Michaels, J. Crall, L. Sherrill, N. Siekierski, M. Woehlke, and K. Edwards, "An Open-Source System for Do-It-Yourself AI in the Marine Environment," in Ocean Sciences Meeting, 2020. [URL]
- H. Greer, S. Gerber, M. Niethammer, R. Kwitt, M. McCormick, D. Chittajallu, N. Siekierski, M. Oetgen, K. Cleary, and S. Aylward, "Scoliosis screening and monitoring using self contained ultrasound and neural networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2018. [URL]
- D. Chittajallu, N. Siekierski, S. Lee, S. Gerber, J. Beezley, D. Manthey, D. Gutman, and L. Cooper, "Vectorized persistent homology representations for characterizing glandular architecture in histology images," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2018. [URL]
- S. Gerber, M. Jallais, H. Greer, M. McCormick, S. Montgomery, B. Freeman, D. Kane, D. Chittajallu, N. Siekierski, and S. Aylward, "Automatic Estimation of the Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter from Ultrasound Images," in Imaging for Patient-Customized Simulations and Systems for Point-of-Care Ultrasound. Springer International Publishing, 2017, pp. 113-120. [URL]
- M. Jallais, H. Greer, S. Gerber, M. McCormick, D. Chittajallu, N. Siekierski, and S. Aylward, "Ultrasound Augmentation: Rapid 3-D Scanning for Tracking and On-Body Display," in Imaging for Patient-Customized Simulations and Systems for Point-of-Care Ultrasound. Springer International Publishing, 2017, pp. 138-145. [URL]