Robert Maynard is a principal engineer who joined Kitware in 2010. He currently manages the release process for CMake. His efforts have helped to implement support for the CUDA language, improve support for the TARGET_OBJECTS generator, and add support for MSVC and Intel compiler feature detection in CMake.
Robert is also a primary developer of VTK-m. His work on the open source toolkit focuses on finely-threaded visualization algorithms that run on GPUs and other accelerators. Along with VTK-m and CMake, Robert has contributed to numerous projects, which include ParaView, the Visualization Toolkit (VTK), and Computational Model Builder (CMB).
Robert received his B.S. in computer science from Laurentian University. In his free time, he is an avid curler. He plays out of a club in Upstate New York.
- In situ summarization with vtk-m," in Proceedings of the In Situ Infrastructures on Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2017. , "
- External facelist calculation with data-parallel primitives," Proceedings of Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, 2016. , "
- Vtk-m: accelerating the visualization toolkit for massively threaded architectures," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications (CG\&A), vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 48-58, 2016. , "
- Repeatable and transferable processing for electron tomography: an open platform for visualization and reconstruction of 3d materials," Microscopy and Microanalysis, vol. 21, no. S3, p. 2407–2408, 2015. , "
- Flying edges: a high-performance scalable isocontouring algorithm," Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE 5th Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV), p. 33–40, 2015. , "
- The sdav software frameworks for visualization and analysis on next-generation multi-core and many-core architectures," SC Companion 2012, p. 206–214, Jul. 2013. , "
- A classification of scientific visualization algorithms for massive threading.," SC Companion 2013, Nov. 2013. , "
- Optimizing threshold for extreme scale analysis," Proceedings of SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis, vol. 8654, Feb. 2013. , "
- Flexible Analysis Software for Emerging Architectures," Nov. 2012. , "