Senior R&D Engineer
Sreekanth Arikatla joined Kitware at Carrboro, NC in May, 2015 as a Research and Development Engineer in the Medical Computing team. Prior to joining Kitware he was a postdoc at CeMSIM. His primary areas of interest include numerical methods aimed at real-time physics-based simulations, computational solid mechanics and computer graphics. At Kitware he is currently part of a team that is developing SimMedTK-an open source software framework for real-time physics-based medical simulations. He is also contributing to an ongoing project to develop AVM brain surgery simulator.
Sreekanth received his M.S. and Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2009 and 2014 respectively. During his masters he developed and validated a virtual skill trainer for peg transfer as a part of VBLaST. His doctoral dissertation work involved developing various multilevel algorithms aimed at enhancing the update rates of physics-based deformation simulations in interactive virtual environments. He also worked on cost-effective predictor-corrector based approaches to simulate frictional effects with arbitrary (frictional) models with potential applications in game engines and surgical simulators.
- A hybrid approach to simulate tissue behavior during surgical simulation," Jun. 2015. , "
- Towards immersive virtual reality (ivr): a route to surgical expertise," Journal of computational surgery, vol. 2, Jan. 2015. , "
- An iterative predictor-corrector approach for modeling static and kinetic friction in interactive simulations," Graphical models, vol. 82, p. 29 – 42, Jan. 2015. , "
- A multilevel framework for linear projection constraints," Proceedings of siggraph asia '13, p. 38:1–38:1, Aug. 2015. , "
- Towards virtual fls: development of a peg transfer simulator," The international journal of medical robotics and computer assisted surgery, vol. 10, p. 344–, Jan. 2014. , "
- Face and construct validation of a virtual peg transfer simulator," Surgical endoscopy, vol. 27, p. 1721–1729, Jan. 2013. , "
- Development and validation of vblast-pt© : a virtual peg transfer simulator," Studies in health technology and informatics, vol. 184, p. 24—30–, Jan. 2013. , "
- A physics based algorithm for real-time simulation of electrosurgery procedures in minimally invasive surgery," The international journal of medical robotics and computer assisted surgery, vol. 10, no. 1478-596x, p. 495–504, Dec. 2013. , "
- A physics-driven neural networks-based simulation system (phynness) for multimodal interactive virtual environments involving nonlinear deformable objects," Presence: teleoperators and virtual environments, vol. 20, p. 289–, Jan. 2011. , "
- Surgical model-view-controller simulation software framework for local and collaborative applications," International journal of computer assisted radiology and surgery, vol. 6, p. 457–471, Jan. 2011. , "