Utkarsh Ayachit is the Technical Lead for ParaView at Kitware, Inc., and is the leading developer of the ParaView visualization application. His interests include design and development of high performance tools to aid in scientific data analysis and visualization, and frameworks to customize scientific workflows.
Mr. Ayachit received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from University of Pune, India in 2002 and his Master’s degree in Computer Science from University of Maryland, Baltimore County in 2004 where he worked on development of user-centric network intrusion detection tools. Since joining Kitware in 2004, Utkarsh has been involved in the design and development of almost all aspects of ParaView including the application framework, the parallel processing and rendering architecture. Utkarsh has led development of several advanced functionalities to VTK and ParaView including web visualization, collaboration, and data streaming.
- The alpine in situ infrastructure: ascending from the ashes of strawman (ISAV'17)," in Proceedings of the In Situ Infrastructures on Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, New York, NY, USA, 2017, p. 42–46. , "
- The sensei generic in situ interface," in In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization (ISAV), Workshop on, 2016, p. 40–44. , "
- Performance analysis, design considerations, and applications of extreme-scale in situ infrastructures," Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, p. 79:1–79:12, Jan. 2016. , "
- Paraview catalyst: enabling in situ data analysis and visualization," Proceedings of ISAV 2015: In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-scale Analysis and Visualization, Nov. 2015. , "
- Scientific data analysis and visualization at scale in VTK/ParaView with NumPy," Nov. 2014. , "
- A Hybrid Visualization System for Molecular Models," Jun. 2013. , "
- Optimizing threshold for extreme scale analysis," Proceedings of SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis, vol. 8654, Feb. 2013. , "
- Next-generation capabilities for large-scale scientific visualization.," Massively Parallel, Scalable Algorithms and Softwares for Scientific Applications, Feb. 2012. , "
- In-Situ Visualization with Catalyst," Jan. 2012. , "
- Petascale Global Kinetic Simulations of The Magnetosphere and Visualization Strategies for Analysis of Very Large Multi-Variate Data Sets," p. 281–, Oct. 2011. , "
- Remote Visualization of Large Datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," Jun. 2011. , "
- Dax Toolkit: A Proposed Framework for Data Analysis and Visualization at Extreme Scale ," Oct. 2011. , "
- Paraviewweb, a web framework for 3d visualization and data processing," IADIS International Conference on Web Virtual Reality and Three-Dimensional Worlds, Jul. 2010. , "
- Customizing ParaView," Oct. 2009. , "
- A user-centered look at glyph-based security visualization," Proceedings of the IEEE Workshops on Visualization for Computer Security, p. 21–28, Oct. 2005. , "