Utkarsh Ayachit is the Technical Lead for ParaView at Kitware, Inc., and is the leading developer of the ParaView visualization application. His interests include design and development of high performance tools to aid in scientific data analysis and visualization, and frameworks to customize scientific workflows.
Mr. Ayachit received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from University of Pune, India in 2002 and his Master’s degree in Computer Science from University of Maryland, Baltimore County in 2004 where he worked on development of user-centric network intrusion detection tools. Since joining Kitware in 2004, Utkarsh has been involved in the design and development of almost all aspects of ParaView including the application framework, the parallel processing and rendering architecture. Utkarsh has led development of several advanced functionalities to VTK and ParaView including web visualization, collaboration, and data streaming.
- B. Levin, Y. Jiang, E. Padgett, S. Waldon, C. Quammen, C. Harris, U. Ayachit, M. Hanwell, P. Ercius, D. Muller, and R. Hovden, "Tutorial on the Visualization of Volumetric Data Using tomviz," Microscopy Today, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 12-17, Jan. 2018. [URL]
- M. Larsen, J. Ahrens, U. Ayachit, E. Brugger, H. Childs, B. Geveci, and C. Harrison, "The ALPINE In Situ Infrastructure: Ascending from the Ashes of Strawman," in Proceedings of the Workshop on In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2017. [URL]
- U. Ayachit, A. Bauer, E. Duque, G. Eisenhauer, N. Ferrier, J. Gu, K. Jansen, B. Loring, Z. Lukic, S. Menon, D. Morozov, P. O'Leary, R. Ranjan, M. Rasquin, C. Stone, V. Vishwanath, G. Weber, B. Whitlock, M. Wolf, K. Wu, and E. Bethel, "Performance Analysis, Design Considerations, and Applications of Extreme-Scale In Situ Infrastructures," in International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 2016. [URL]
- U. Ayachit, B. Whitlock, M. Wolf, B. Loring, B. Geveci, A. Vacanti, and E. Bethel, "The SENSEI Generic In Situ Interface," in Proceedings of the Workshop on In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2016. [URL]
- R. Hovden, M. Hanwell, U. Ayachit, Y. Jiang, R. Maynard, and D. Muller, "Repeatable and Transferable Processing for Electron Tomography: An Open Platform for Visualization and Reconstruction of 3D Materials," Microscopy and Microanalysis, vol. 21, no. S3, pp. 2407-2408, Aug. 2015. [URL]
- U. Ayachit, A. Bauer, B. Geveci, P. O'Leary, K. Moreland, N. Fabian, and J. Mauldin, "ParaView Catalyst: Enabling In Situ Data Analysis and Visualization," in Proceedings of the Workshop on In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2015. [URL]
- U. Ayachit and B. Geveci, "Scientific data analysis and visualization at scale in VTK/ParaView with NumPy," in Workshop on Python for High-Performance and Scientific Computing, 2014.
- R. Maynard, K. Moreland, U. Atyachit, B. Geveci, and K. Ma, "Optimizing threshold for extreme scale analysis," in IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging, 2013. [URL]
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, "A hybrid visualization system for molecular models," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2013. [URL]
- N. Fabian, A. Bauer, R. Podhorszki, and U. Ayachit, "In-Situ Visualization with Catalyst," presented at Supercomputing Tutorials, 2012.
- K. Moreland, N. Fabian, B. Geveci, U. Ayachit, and J. Ahrens, "Next-generation capabilities for large-scale scientific visualization," in SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, 2012.
- K. Moreland, U. Ayachit, B. Geveci, and K. Ma, "Dax Toolkit: A proposed framework for data analysis and visualization at Extreme Scale," in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization, 2011. [URL]
- H. Karimabadi, B. Loring, H. Vu, Y. Omelchenko, M. Tatineni, A. Mujumdar, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "Petascale Global Kinetic Simulations of The Magnetosphere and Visualization Strategies for Analysis of Very Large Multi-Variate Data Sets," in Proceedings of the International Conference of Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows, 2011.
- J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and C. Marion, "Remote visualization of large datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2011. [URL]
- S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "ParaViewWeb, a web framework for 3D visualization and data processing," in IADIS International Conference on Visual Communication, 2010.
- A. Komlodi, P. Rheingans, U. Ayachit, J. Goodall, and A. Joshi, "A user-centered look at glyph-based security visualization," in IEEE Workshop on Visualization for Computer Security, 2005. [URL]