Utkarsh Ayachit is the Technical Lead for ParaView at Kitware, Inc., and is the leading developer of the ParaView visualization application. His interests include design and development of high performance tools to aid in scientific data analysis and visualization, and frameworks to customize scientific workflows.
Mr. Ayachit received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from University of Pune, India in 2002 and his Master’s degree in Computer Science from University of Maryland, Baltimore County in 2004 where he worked on development of user-centric network intrusion detection tools. Since joining Kitware in 2004, Utkarsh has been involved in the design and development of almost all aspects of ParaView including the application framework, the parallel processing and rendering architecture. Utkarsh has led development of several advanced functionalities to VTK and ParaView including web visualization, collaboration, and data streaming.
- U. Ayachit et al., "Performance analysis, design considerations, and applications of extreme-scale in situ infrastructures," SC '16 in IEEE Press, 2016, pp. 79-1-79-12
- U. Ayachit et al., "ParaView Catalyst: Enabling In Situ Data Analysis and Visualization," Proceedings of ISAV 2015: In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-scale Analysis and Visualization, Nov. 2015.
- U. Ayachit and B. Geveci, "Scientific data analysis and visualization at scale in VTK/ParaView with NumPy," PyHPC 2015, 2014
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, "A Hybrid Visualization System for Molecular Models," The 18th International Symposium on Web3D Technology, Web3D '13 in ACM, 2013
- R. Maynard, K. Moreland, U. Ayachit, B. Geveci, and K. Ma, "Optimizing Threshold for Extreme Scale Analysis," SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis in SPIE, 2013
- B. Geveci, K. Moreland, N. Fabian, U. Ayachit, and J. Ahrens, "Next-Generation Capabilities for Large-Scale Scientific Visualization.," 15th SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, 2012
- N. D. Fabian, A. C. Bauer, N. Podhorszki, R. A. Oldfield, and U. Ayachit, In-Situ Visualization with Catalyst. ACM SIGARCH/IEEE Computer Society, 2012
- H. Karimabadi, B. Loring, H. X. Vu, Y. Omelchenko, M. Tatineni, A. Majumdar, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "Petascale Global Kinetic Simulations of The Magnetosphere and Visualization Strategies for Analysis of Very Large Multi-Variate Data Sets," 5th international conference of numerical modeling of space plasma flows, 2011, pp. 281
- U. Ayachit et al., "Dax Toolkit: A Proposed Framework for Data Analysis and Visualization at Extreme Scale ," LDAV 2011 IEEE Symposium on Large-Scale Data Analysis and Visualization, 2011
- J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and C. Marion, "Remote Visualization of Large Datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," Web3D Conference 2011, 2011
- S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "ParaViewWeb, A web framework for 3D Visualization and Data Processing," IADIS International Conference on Web Virtual Reality and Three-Dimensional Worlds, Jul. 2010.
- U. Ayachit and D. DeMarle, "Customizing ParaView," IEEE Revise Workshop, 2009
- A. Komlodi, P. Rheingans, U. Ayachit, J. Goodall, and A. Joshi, "A User-centered Look at Glyph-based Security Visualization," VIZSEC in IEEE Computer Society, 2005, pp. 21-28