Zhaohui Harry Sun
Staff R&D Engineer
Dr. Sun joined Kitware, Inc. as a Research & Development Engineer in 2010. Prior to joining Kitware, he was a lead computer scientist with the Visualization and Computer Vision Lab at GE Global Research, a principal/senior research scientist with the Research & Development Laboratories at Eastman Kodak and an intern with the Imaging & Visualization Department at Siemens Corporate Research.
Dr. Sun received his B.E. and M.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Information Science from the University of Science and Technology of China in 1992 and 1995, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Rochester in 1998 and 2000, respectively. His research interests include vision technologies, digital video/image analysis, medical imaging, and multimedia computing. He has published over 40 technical papers and reports, and has more than 20 U.S. and international issued patents and pending applications.
- Z. Sun and A. Hoogs, "Image comparison by compound disjoint information with applications to perceptual visual quality assessment, image registration and tracking ," International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 461-488, Jul. 2010.
- Z. Sun et al., "A statistical approach to industrial anomaly detection," The 10th European Conference on Nondestructive Testing, 2010
- M. T. Chan, A. Hoogs, Z. Sun, J. Schmiederer, R. Bhotika, and G. Doretto, "Event recognition with fragmented object tracks," IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2006, pp. 412-416
- Z. Sun, "A three-frame approach to constraint-consistent motion estimation," IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2006, pp. 35-38
- Z. Sun, "Video halftoning," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 678-686, Jul. 2006.
- Z. Sun and A. Hoogs, "Image comparison by compound disjointed information," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2006, pp. 857-862
- Z. Sun, "A method to generate halftone video," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2005, pp. 565-568
- Z. Sun and L. Ray, "Multimodal image registration based on compound mutual information," SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Processing, J. M. Fitzpatrick and J. M. Reinhardt (eds.), 2005, pp. 1274-1282
- Z. Sun et al., "High resolution multimedia slide show composition for video CD and DVD rendering," IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, 2003, pp. 633-636
- Z. Sun, " Adaptation for multiple cue integration," IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2003, pp. 440-445
- Z. Sun et al., "Interactive optimization of 3D shape and 2D correspondence using multiple geometric constraints via POCS," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 4, no. 24, pp. 562-569, Apr. 2002.
- C. Chen, Z. Sun, H. Li, J. Cai, and L. Cao, Image transmission over noisy channels: TCQ-based coding schemes. World Scientific Publishing Co, 2002, pp. 307-329
- Z. Sun et al., "Error characterization of the factorization method," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 110-137, May. 2001.
- Z. Sun, "Object-based video processing with depth," Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 2000
- Z. Sun et al., "Error characterization of the factorization approach to shape and motion recovery," Vision Algorithms: Theory and Practice. B. Triggs, A. Zisserman and R. Szeliski (Eds.), Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science , vol. 1883, pp. 219-235, Jan. 2000.
- C. Chen and Z. Sun, "Image transmission over noisy channels with variable-coefficient fixed-length coding scheme," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 680-682, Aug. 1999.
- C. Chen and Z. Sun, "Uniform trellis coded quantization for image transmission over noisy channels," Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 14, no. 6-8, pp. 575-584, May. 1999.
- Z. Sun and A. Tekalp, " Trifocal motion modeling for object-based video compression and manipulation," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 667-685, Sep. 1998.
- Z. Sun, "Discrete ray tracing 3-D fractals," Master dissertation, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Science, University of Science and Technology of China, 1995