Zhaohui Harry Sun
Staff R&D Engineer
Dr. Sun joined Kitware, Inc. as a Research & Development Engineer in 2010. Prior to joining Kitware, he was a lead computer scientist with the Visualization and Computer Vision Lab at GE Global Research, a principal/senior research scientist with the Research & Development Laboratories at Eastman Kodak and an intern with the Imaging & Visualization Department at Siemens Corporate Research.
Dr. Sun received his B.E. and M.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Information Science from the University of Science and Technology of China in 1992 and 1995, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Rochester in 1998 and 2000, respectively. His research interests include vision technologies, digital video/image analysis, medical imaging, and multimedia computing. He has published over 40 technical papers and reports, and has more than 20 U.S. and international issued patents and pending applications.
- Image comparison by compound disjoint information with applications to perceptual visual quality assessment, image registration and tracking," International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 88, no. 3, p. 461–488, Jul. 2010. , "
- A statistical approach to industrial anomaly detection," Jun. 2010. , "
- Image comparison by compound disjointed information," vol. 1, p. 857–862 , Jun. 2006. , "
- Event recognition with fragmented object tracks," vol. 1, p. 412–416, Sep. 2006. , "
- Video halftoning," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 15, no. 3, p. 678–686, Jul. 2006. , "
- A three-frame approach to constraint-consistent motion estimation," p. 35–38, Sep. 2006. , "
- A method to generate halftone video," p. 565–568, Mar. 2005. , "
- Multimodal image registration based on compound mutual information," vol. 5747, p. 1274–1282, Feb. 2005. , "
- Adaptation for multiple cue integration," vol. 1, p. 440–445, Jun. 2003. , "
- High resolution multimedia slide show composition for video CD and DVD rendering," vol. II, p. 633–636, Jul. 2003. , "
- Image transmission over noisy channels: tcq-based coding schemes," Advances in Image Processing and Understanding. Alan C. Bovik, Chang Wen Chen, and Dmitry Goldgof (Eds.), p. 307–329, Jan. 2002. , "
- Interactive optimization of 3d shape and 2d correspondence using multiple geometric constraints via pocs," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 4, no. 24, p. 562–569, Apr. 2002. , "
- Error characterization of the factorization method," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 82, no. 2, p. 110–137, May 2001. , "
- Object-based video processing with depth," Oct. 2000. , "
- Error characterization of the factorization approach to shape and motion recovery," Vision Algorithms: Theory and Practice. B. Triggs, A. Zisserman and R. Szeliski (Eds.), Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science , vol. 1883, p. 219–235, Jan. 2000. , "
- Uniform trellis coded quantization for image transmission over noisy channels," Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 14, no. 6-8, p. 575–584 , May 1999. , "
- Image transmission over noisy channels with variable-coefficient fixed-length coding scheme," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 9, no. 5, p. 680–682, Aug. 1999. , "
- Trifocal motion modeling for object-based video compression and manipulation," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 8, no. 5, p. 667–685 , Sep. 1998. , "
- Discrete ray tracing 3-D fractals," Jul. 1995. , "