Prior to joining Kitware, Cory was a Research Associate in the Department of Computer Science at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 2010, he was awarded a contract from the National Library of Medicine to add Deconvolution Algorithms to the Insight Toolkit (award number A10-1515-002) with Principal Investigator Marc Neithammer. In 2011, he joined the Modeling and Data Analysis Initiative (MADAI) team working on Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampling software for estimating high-dimensional likelihood distributions for models of scientific phenomena. As part of that work, he created a custom version of ParaView to disseminate visualization algorithms developed by the MADAI visualization group. In addition, he was the software lead for the Virtual Pediatric Airways Workbench (VPAW), a surgical modelling and planning tool for physicians treating pediatric patients with obstructed airways.
- B. Levin, Y. Jiang, E. Padgett, S. Waldon, C. Quammen, C. Harris, U. Ayachit, M. Hanwell, P. Ercius, D. Muller, and R. Hovden, "Tutorial on the Visualization of Volumetric Data Using tomviz," Microscopy Today, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 12-17, Jan. 2018. [URL]
- Y. Jiang, E. Padgett, M. Hanwell, C. Quammen, C. Harris, S. Waldon, D. Muller, and R. Hovden, "tomviz: Providing Advanced Electron Tomography by Streamlining Alignment, Reconstruction, and 3D Visualization," Microscopy and Microanalysis, vol. 23, no. S1, pp. 222-223, Jul. 2017. [URL]
- C. Zdanski, S. Davis, Y. Hong, D. Miao, C. Quammen, S. Mitran, B. Davis, M. Niethammer, J. Kimbell, E. Pitkin, J. Fine, L. Fordham, B. Vaughn, and R. Superfine, "Quantitative assessment of the upper airway in infants and children with subglottic stenosis," The Laryngoscope, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. 1225-1231, May 2016. [URL]
- C. Quammen, R. Taylor, P. Krajcevski, S. Mitran, A. Enquobahrie, R. Superfine, B. Davis, S. Davis, and C. Zdanski, "The Virtual Pediatric Airways Workbench," Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 220, pp. 295-300, 2016.
- H. Canary, R. Taylor, C. Quammen, S. Pratt, F. Gómez, B. O׳Shea, and C. Healey, "Visualizing likelihood density functions via optimal region projection," Computers & Graphics, vol. 41, pp. 62-71, Jun. 2014. [URL]
- J. Haase, P. Mishra, A. Stephens, R. Haggerty, C. Quammen, R. Taylor, E. Yeh, M. Basrai, and K. Bloom, "A 3D Map of the Yeast Kinetochore Reveals the Presence of Core and Accessory Centromere-Specific Histone," Current Biology, vol. 23, no. 19, pp. 1939-1944, Oct. 2013. [URL]
- A. Stephens, R. Haggerty, P. Vasquez, L. Vicci, C. Snider, F. Shi, C. Quammen, C. Mullins, J. Haase, R. Taylor, J. Verdaasdonk, M. Falvo, Y. Jin, M. Forest, and K. Bloom, "Pericentric chromatin loops function as a nonlinear spring in mitotic force balance," The Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 200, no. 6, pp. 757-772, Mar. 2013. [URL]
- A. Stephens, C. Quammen, B. Chang, J. Haase, R. Taylor, and K. Bloom, "The spatial segregation of pericentric cohesin and condensin in the mitotic spindle," Molecular Biology of the Cell, vol. 24, no. 24, pp. 3909-3919, Dec. 2013. [URL]
- S. Bass, H. Petersen, C. Quammen, H. Canary, C. Healey, and R. Taylor, "Probing the QCD critical point with relativistic heavy-ion collisions," Open Physics, vol. 10, no. 6, Jan. 2012. [URL]
- D. Fronczek, C. Quammen, H. Wang, C. Kisker, R. Superfine, R. Taylor, D. Erie, and I. Tessmer, "High accuracy FIONA–AFM hybrid imaging," Ultramicroscopy, vol. 111, no. 5, pp. 350-355, Apr. 2011. [URL]
- D. Lloyd, N. Govindaraju, C. Quammen, S. Molnar, and D. Manocha, "Logarithmic perspective shadow maps," ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1-32, Oct. 2008. [URL]
- C. Quammen, A. Richardson, J. Haase, B. Harrison, R. Taylor, and K. Bloom, "FluoroSim: A Visual Problem-Solving Environment for Fluorescence Microscopy," in Eurographics, 2008. [URL]
- J. Miller, C. Quammen, and M. Fleenor, "Interactive Visualization of Intercluster Galaxy Structures in the Horologium-Reticulum Supercluster," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1149-1156, Sep. 2006. [URL]