Senior R&D Engineer
Matthew Dawkins received his B.S. in Computer and Systems Engineering and his M.S. in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2011. Later that year, he joined Kitware as an R&D Engineer in the Computer Vision department.
Following joining Kitware, Matthew has demonstrated and deployed software at multiple commercial customer sites, government facilities, and conferences. He has been the principal software engineer on multiple projects, and made significant contributions to written proposals.
At RPI, his master’s thesis involved prototyping algorithms for object detection in benthic imagery derived from underwater probes used at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. He was an officer of Eta Kappa Nu and his studies focused on signal processing and intelligent systems. Before joining Kitware, Mr. Dawkins interned at Boeing, Columbia University and Biodex Medical Systems in various engineering roles.
- An open-source platform for underwater image and video analytics," IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, Mar. 2017. , "
- Deep Architecture for Small Mover Detection in Overhead Infrared Imagery," Jun. 2016. , "
- Open Source Structure-from-Motion for Aerial Video," Mar. 2016. , "
- KWIVER: An open source cross-platform video exploitation framework," p. 1–4, Jan. 2014. , "
- Real-Time Heads-Up Display Detection in Video," Aug. 2014. , "
- Automatic Image-Plane Aligned Obstruction Detection in EO and IR Video," Sep. 2014. , "
- Tracking Nautical Objects in Real-Time via Layered Saliency Detection," Jun. 2014. , "
- Automatic Scallop Detection in Benthic Environments," Jan. 2013. , "
- Scallop detection in multiple maritime environments," Rensselaer Theses Digital Library, Aug. 2011. , "