After receiving a Master’s Degree in 2002, Sébastien Jourdain joined a French research laboratory (INRIA-Lorraine) where he spent two years developing a collaborative platform for software process. Sébastien then joined a small French software company specialized in open source scientific computing where he started to work with VTK and its Java wrapping.
In February 2010, Sébastien moved to New York and joined the Kitware team to work on ParaViewWeb and the collaborative aspects of ParaView. Sébastien has since become a lead contributor to VTK and ParaView: adding Web support for ParaView and VTK, improving the Java support for VTK, and enabeling interactive in-situ visualization on the Web. In October 2013, Sébastien relocated to Kitware’s Santa Fe, NM office to help foster collaboration with Kitware’s national lab customers in the area.
- P. O'Leary, M. Christon, S. Jourdain, C. Harris, M. Berndt, and A. Bauer, "HPCCloud: A Cloud/Web-Based Simulation Environment," CloudCom 15, 2015
- J. P. Ahrens, S. Jourdain, P. O'Leary, J. Patchett, D. H. Rogers, and M. Petersen, "An Image-Based Approach to Extreme Scale in Situ Visualization and Analysis," SuperComputing 2014 in IEEE, 2014, pp. 424-434
- S. Jourdain et al., "Python Enabled ParaViewWeb for HPC Analysis and Visualization," SuperComputing 2014, 2014
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, "A Hybrid Visualization System for Molecular Models," The 18th International Symposium on Web3D Technology, Web3D '13 in ACM, 2013
- K. Moreland, R. Oldfield, P. Marion, S. Jourdain, N. Podhorszki, V. Vishwanath, N. Fabian, C. Docan, M. Parashar, M. Hereld, M. E. Papka, and S. Klasky, "Examples of In Transit Visualization," Super Computing, 2011
- J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and C. Marion, "Remote Visualization of Large Datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," Web3D Conference 2011, 2011
- S. Jourdain et al., "ParaViewWeb, A web framework for 3D Visualization and Data Processing," IADIS International Conference on Web Virtual Reality and Three-Dimensional Worlds, Jul. 2010.
- S. Jourdain et al., "ShareX3D, a scientific collaborative 3D viewer over HTTP," Web 3D symposium, 2008