Meet the Team
Kitware New Mexico
Santa Fe, NM
M.S. in Engineering
Université de Lorraine, Polytech Nancy
M.S. in Software Engineering
Université de Lorraine
Sebastien Jourdain is a distinguished engineer on Kitware’s Scientific Computing Team located in Sante Fe, New Mexico. He leads and develops Kitware’s scientific web visualization capabilities, enabling customers to create tailored applications with live data processing and visualization in a web context.
Sebastien created and currently maintains Kitware’s web stack for scientific visualization. His latest innovation, trame, empowers the user community to reach their data processing and visualization needs without losing any capabilities at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to his technical projects, Sebastien is involved in mentoring new employees who join the Scientific Computing Team. He is also a member of Kitware’s employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) committee which educates employees on the ESOP and the privileges and responsibilities that come with being an employee-owner.
Prior to joining Kitware, Sebastien worked as lead architect and developer for a small company that developed software to help scientists set up runs and visualize their results on a wide variety of domains, such as space weather, nuclear, ocean science, etc. Before that, Sebastien was a software engineer at LORIA/INRIA in France and helped one of the research teams create and develop collaborative algorithms and platforms.
Sebastien received his master’s degree in engineering from the Université de Lorraine, Polytech Nancy in France. He also received his master’s degree in software engineering from the Université de Lorraine. During this time, he spent one year as an exchange student in Sweden at Linköping University and was enrolled in a combination of computer science and engineering courses.
- N. Malitsky, A. Chaudhary, S. Jourdain, M. Cowan, P. O’Leary, M. Hanwell, and K. Van Dam, "Building near-real-time processing pipelines with the spark-MPI platform," in Proceedgins of the New York Scientific Data Summit, 2017. [URL]
- D. Thompson, S. Jourdain, A. Bauer, B. Geveci, R. Maynard, R. Vatsavai, and P. O'Leary, "In Situ Summarization with VTK-m," in Proceedings of the Workshop on In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2017. [URL]
- P. O'Leary, M. Christon, S. Jourdain, C. Harris, M. Berndt, and A. Bauer, "HPCCloud: A Cloud/Web-Based Simulation Environment," in IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, 2015. [URL]
- J. Ahrens, S. Jourdain, P. OLeary, J. Patchett, D. Rogers, and M. Petersen, "An Image-Based Approach to Extreme Scale in Situ Visualization and Analysis," in International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 2014. [URL]
- S. Jourdain, S. Wittenburg, and P. O'Leary, "Python enabled ParaViewWeb for HPC analysis and visualization," in Workshop on Python for High-Performance and Scientific Computing, 2014.
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, "A hybrid visualization system for molecular models," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2013. [URL]
- J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and C. Marion, "Remote visualization of large datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2011. [URL]
- K. Moreland, M. Hereld, M. Papka, S. Klasky, R. Oldfield, P. Marion, S. Jourdain, N. Podhorszki, V. Vishwanath, N. Fabian, C. Docan, and M. Parashar, "Examples of in transit visualization," in Proceedings of the international workshop on Petascal data analytics: challenges and opportunities, 2011. [URL]
- S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "ParaViewWeb, a web framework for 3D visualization and data processing," in IADIS International Conference on Visual Communication, 2010.
- S. Jourdain, L. Mallet, J. Forest, C. Mouton, B. Nouailhas, G. Moniot, F. Kolb, S. Chabridon, M. Simatic, and Z. Abid, "ShareX3D, a scientific collaborative 3D viewer over HTTP," in Proceedings of the international symposium on 3D web technology, 2008. [URL]