After receiving a Master’s Degree in 2002, Sébastien Jourdain joined a French research laboratory (INRIA-Lorraine) where he spent two years developing a collaborative platform for software process. Sébastien then joined a small French software company specialized in open source scientific computing where he started to work with VTK and its Java wrapping.
In February 2010, Sébastien moved to New York and joined the Kitware team to work on ParaViewWeb and the collaborative aspects of ParaView. Sébastien has since become a lead contributor to VTK and ParaView: adding Web support for ParaView and VTK, improving the Java support for VTK, and enabeling interactive in-situ visualization on the Web. In October 2013, Sébastien relocated to Kitware’s Santa Fe, NM office to help foster collaboration with Kitware’s national lab customers in the area.
- D. Thompson, S. Jourdain, A. Bauer, B. Geveci, R. Maynard, R. Vatsavai, and P. O'Leary, "In Situ Summarization with VTK-m," in Proceedings of the Workshop on In Situ Infrastructures for Enabling Extreme-Scale Analysis and Visualization, 2017. [URL]
- P. O'Leary, M. Christon, S. Jourdain, C. Harris, M. Berndt, and A. Bauer, "HPCCloud: A Cloud/Web-Based Simulation Environment," in IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, 2015. [URL]
- J. Ahrens, S. Jourdain, P. OLeary, J. Patchett, D. Rogers, and M. Petersen, "An Image-Based Approach to Extreme Scale in Situ Visualization and Analysis," in International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 2014. [URL]
- S. Jourdain, S. Wittenburg, and P. O'Leary, "Python enabled ParaViewWeb for HPC analysis and visualization," in Workshop on Python for High-Performance and Scientific Computing, 2014.
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, "A hybrid visualization system for molecular models," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2013. [URL]
- J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and C. Marion, "Remote visualization of large datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb," in Proceedings of the International Conference on 3D Web Technology, 2011. [URL]
- K. Moreland, M. Hereld, M. Papka, S. Klasky, R. Oldfield, P. Marion, S. Jourdain, N. Podhorszki, V. Vishwanath, N. Fabian, C. Docan, and M. Parashar, "Examples of in transit visualization," in Proceedings of the international workshop on Petascal data analytics: challenges and opportunities, 2011. [URL]
- S. Jourdain, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "ParaViewWeb, a web framework for 3D visualization and data processing," in IADIS International Conference on Visual Communication, 2010.
- S. Jourdain, L. Mallet, J. Forest, C. Mouton, B. Nouailhas, G. Moniot, F. Kolb, S. Chabridon, M. Simatic, and Z. Abid, "ShareX3D, a scientific collaborative 3D viewer over HTTP," in Proceedings of the international symposium on 3D web technology, 2008. [URL]