Arslan Basharat completed B.S. in Computer System Engineering from GIK Institute (GIKI), Pakistan in 2001. He worked as a Software Design Engineer for a local system design firm in Pakistan from 2001 to 2003. He received M.S. in 2006 and Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2009 from University of Central Florida (UCF). Arslan has been involved in various research and development projects at the Computer Vision Lab at UCF under the supervision of Dr. Mubarak Shah. Details of these projects and related publications are available here.
His research interests lie in the areas of computer vision, machine learning, video processing, scene modeling, and activity analysis.
Arslan joined the Computer Vision Group at Kitware as an R&D Engineer in January 2009. At Kitware, he has been contributing to various research and development projects with emphasis on object detection and tracking in aerial videos.
- "A c3d-based convolutional neural network for frame dropping detection in a single video shot," in IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop (CVPR-W) on Media Forensics, 2017. ,
- "Automatic pattern of life learning in satellite images through graph kernels (GrAPL)," in National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion (NSSDF), 2017. ,
- "Deep architecture for small mover detection in overhead infrared imagery," in MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion (NSSDF), 2016. ,
- "An end-to-end system for content-based video retrieval using behavior, actions, and appearance with interactive query refinement," in 12th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2015. ,
- "Real-time, full-frame wide area motion imagery analytics," in Military Sensing Symposium - Passive EO, 2015. ,
- "Real-time multi-target tracking at 210 megapixels/second in wide area motion imagery," in IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, 2014. ,
- "Probabilistic sub-graph matching (PGRAM) for video and text fusion," in MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion (NSSDF), 2014. ,
- "KWIVER: an open source cross-platform video exploitation framework," in Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR), 2014 IEEE, 2014, pp. 1--4. ,
- "Tracking nautical objects in real-time via layered saliency detection," in SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing (DSS), 2014. ,
- "Complex algorithm optimization through probabilistic search of its configuration tree," in IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-Based Surveillance (AVSS), 2014. ,
- "Tracking flow of leukocytes in blood for drug analysis," in Real-Time Image and Video Processing 2011, 2011, p. 78710N. ,
- "Track initialization in low frame rate and low resolution videos," in International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2010. ,
- "Time series prediction by chaotic modeling of nonlinear dynamical systems," in IEEE ICCV 2009, 2009. ,
- "Learning object motion patterns for anomaly detection and improved object detection," in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2008. CVPR 2008. IEEE Conference on, 2008, pp. 1--8. ,
- Content based video matching using spatiotemporal volumes," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 360--377, 2008. , "
- "Geometric constraints on 2d action models for tracking human body," in Pattern Recognition, 2008. ICPR 2008. 19th International Conference on, 2008, pp. 1--4. ,
- "Person and vehicle tracking in surveillance video," in Multimodal Technologies for Perception of Humans, , Ed., Springer, 2008, pp. 174--178. ,
- "Chaotic invariants for human action recognition," in Computer Vision, 2007. ICCV 2007. IEEE 11th International Conference on, 2007, pp. 1--8. ,
- "University of Central Florida at TRECVID 2006 high-level feature extraction and video search," in TREC Video Retrieval Evaluation Forum (TRECVID) 2006, 2006. ,
- "detection and tracking of objects from multiple airborne cameras," in spie newsroom, 2006. ,
- A framework for intelligent sensor network with video camera for structural health monitoring of bridges," Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS), Mar. 2005. , "
- Automatic target detection and recognition in video sensor network with stationary and mobile nodes," OE Magazine, Nov. 2005. , "
- "Video understanding and content-based retrieval," in TREC Video Retrieval Evaluation Forum (TRECVID) 2005, 2005. ,
- "challenges in structural health monitoring," in 4th international workshop on structural control (4iwsc), 2004. ,