Arslan Basharat completed B.S. in Computer System Engineering from GIK Institute (GIKI), Pakistan in 2001. He worked as a Software Design Engineer for a local system design firm in Pakistan from 2001 to 2003. He received M.S. in 2006 and Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2009 from University of Central Florida (UCF). Arslan has been involved in various research and development projects at the Computer Vision Lab at UCF under the supervision of Dr. Mubarak Shah. Details of these projects and related publications are available here.
His research interests lie in the areas of computer vision, machine learning, video processing, scene modeling, and activity analysis.
Arslan joined the Computer Vision Group at Kitware as an R&D Engineer in January 2009. At Kitware, he has been contributing to various research and development projects with emphasis on object detection and tracking in aerial videos.
- Deep Architecture for Small Mover Detection in Overhead Infrared Imagery," Jun. 2016. , "
- An End-to-End System for Content-Based Video Retrieval using Behavior, Actions, and Appearance with Interactive Query Refinement," Aug. 2015. , "
- Real-time, Full-frame Wide Area Motion Imagery Analytics," Sep. 2015. , "
- Real-time Multi-Target Tracking at 210 Megapixels/second in Wide Area Motion Imagery," Mar. 2014. , "
- Probabilistic sub-graph matching (pgram) for video and text fusion," MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion (NSSDF), Oct. 2014. , "
- KWIVER: An open source cross-platform video exploitation framework," pp. 1--4, Jan. 2014. , "
- Tracking Nautical Objects in Real-Time via Layered Saliency Detection," Jun. 2014. , "
- Complex Algorithm Optimization through Probabilistic Search of its Configuration Tree," Aug. 2014. , "
- Tracking flow of leukocytes in blood for drug analysis," Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7871, Jan. 2011. , "
- Track Initialization in Low Frame Rate and Low Resolution Videos," Aug. 2010. , "
- Time series prediction by chaotic modeling of nonlinear dynamical systems," ICCV, Oct. 2009. , "
- Geometric constraints on 2d action models for tracking human body," ICPR, pp. 1--4, Jan. 2008. , "
- Learning object motion patterns for anomaly detection and improved object detection," CVPR, pp. 1--8, Jan. 2008. , "
- Content based video matching using spatiotemporal volumes," CVIU, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 360--377, Jun. 2008. , "
- Person and Vehicle Tracking in Surveillance Video," May 2007. , "
- Chaotic invariants for human action recognition," ICCV, vol. 206, pp. 1--, Jan. 2007. , "
- University of central florida at trecvid 2006 high-level feature extraction and video search," TREC Video Retrieval Evaluation Forum (TRECVID) 2006, Jan. 2006. , "
- Detection and tracking of objects from multiple airborne cameras," Publication of SPIE, Mar. 2006. , "
- A framework for intelligent sensor network with video camera for structural health monitoring of bridges," Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS), Mar. 2005. , "
- Automatic target detection and recognition in video sensor network with stationary and mobile nodes," OE Magazine, Nov. 2005. , "
- Video understanding and content-based retrieval," TREC Video Retrieval Evaluation Forum (TRECVID) 2005, Jan. 2005. , "
- Challenges in structural health monitoring," 4th International Workshop on Structural Control (4IWSC), Jan. 2004. , "