Staff R&D Engineer
Brad is a Senior R&D Engineer in the Medical Computing team at Kitware. He brings a wide range of experience, including: senior leadership in healthcare IT, genomics and bioinformatics, image analysis and software engineering.
Brad received his doctorate in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at Duke University in 2017. At Duke, he studied new statistical analyses and novel sequencing protocols for population DNA sequencing. During his graduate study, he spent equal time as a “bench” molecular biologist and as a data analyst. He also worked as an image analyst on several microscopy projects, studying fluorescent reporter gene expression and morphology. His current interests include image analysis, point-of-care ultrasound, and novel research backed by professional software development.
Brad earned his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science from The Ohio State University. There he researched causality-tracking algorithms in distributed systems.
- B. Moore, S. Montgomery, M. Niethammer, H. Greer, and S. Aylward, "Automatic Optic Nerve Sheath Measurement in Point-of-Care Ultrasound," in Medical Ultrasound, and Preterm, Perinatal and Paediatric Image Analysis. Springer International Publishing, 2020, pp. 23-32. [URL]
- A. Webster, A. Hung, B. Moore, R. Guzman, J. Jordan, R. Kaplan, J. Hibshman, R. Tanny, D. Cook, E. Andersen, and L. Baugh, "Population Selection and Sequencing of Caenorhabditis elegans Wild Isolates Identifies a Region on Chromosome III Affecting Starvation Resistance," G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 3477-3488, Oct. 2019. [URL]
- B. Moore, "Population Sequencing for Studying Natural and Artifcial Variation in C. elegans," Duke University, 2017.
- J. Hibshman, A. Doan, B. Moore, R. Kaplan, A. Hung, A. Webster, D. Bhatt, R. Chitrakar, M. Hirschey, and L. Baugh, "daf-16/FoxO promotes gluconeogenesis and trehalose synthesis during starvation to support survival," eLife Sciences Publications Limited, vol. 6, pp. e30057, 2017.
- R. Kaplan, Y. Chen, B. Moore, J. Jordan, C. Maxwell, A. Schindler, and L. Baugh, "dbl-1/TGF-β and daf-12/NHR Signaling Mediate Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of daf-16/FOXO on Starvation-Induced Developmental Arrest," PLOS Genetics, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. e1005731, Dec. 2015. [URL]
- B. Moore, J. Jordan, and L. Baugh, "WormSizer: High-throughput Analysis of Nematode Size and Shape," PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. e57142, Feb. 2013. [URL]
- C. Topp, A. Iyer-Pascuzzi, J. Anderson, C. Lee, P. Zurek, O. Symonova, Y. Zheng, A. Bucksch, Y. Mileyko, T. Galkovskyi, B. Moore, J. Harer, H. Edelsbrunner, T. Mitchell-Olds, J. Weitz, and P. Benfey, "3D phenotyping and quantitative trait locus mapping identify core regions of the rice genome controlling root architecture," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 110, no. 18, pp. E1695-E1704, Apr. 2013. [URL]
- W. Busch, B. Moore, B. Martsberger, D. Mace, R. Twigg, J. Jung, I. Pruteanu-Malinici, S. Kennedy, G. Fricke, R. Clark, U. Ohler, and P. Benfey, "A microfluidic device and computational platform for high-throughput live imaging of gene expression," Nature Methods, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1101-1106, Nov. 2012. [URL]
- B. Moore and P. Sivilotti, "Plausible Clocks with Bounded Inaccuracy," in Distributed Computing. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2005, pp. 214-228. [URL]