Jared Vicroy, Ph.D. is a staff R&D engineer on Kitware’s Medical Computing located in Carrboro, North Carolina. He is an expert in medical image analysis and statistical shape analysis. He has contributed to ITK, 3D Slicer, and the Pulse Physiology Engine and is one of the main developers of SlicerSALT, a version of Slicer customized for creating and analyzing representations of shape. Since arriving at Kitware 3 years ago, Jared has led numerous commercial projects and been a principal or co-investigator on several NIH-funded grant proposals for Kitware.
Jared received his doctorate in computer science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-Chapel Hill) in 2016. At UNC-Chapel Hill, he developed new methods for interpolating medial and skeletal models and created a method for using regional appearance based on skeletal models to do segmentation. He also worked to interpolate sparse contours into dense three-dimensional surfaces. His interests include statistical shape analysis and image segmentation.
Jared earned his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and his Master of Science in Computer Systems Technology from Louisiana State University in Shreveport (LSUS). While attending LSUS, he received the Mathematics Student of the Year award twice.
- S. Pizer, J. Hong, J. Vicory, Z. Liu, J. Marron, H. Choi, J. Damon, S. Jung, B. Paniagua, J. Schulz, A. Sharma, L. Tu, and J. Wang, "Object shape representation via skeletal models (s-reps) and statistical analysis," in Riemannian Geometric Statistics in Medical Image Analysis. Elsevier, 2020, pp. 233-271. [URL]
- A. Bray, J. Webb, A. Enquobahrie, J. Vicory, J. Heneghan, R. Hubal, S. TerMaath, P. Asare, and R. Clipp, "Pulse Physiology Engine: an Open-Source Software Platform for Computational Modeling of Human Medical Simulation," SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine, Mar. 2019. [URL]
- P. Yushkevich, A. Pashchinskiy, I. Oguz, S. Mohan, J. Schmitt, J. Stein, D. Zukić, J. Vicory, M. McCormick, N. Yushkevich, N. Schwartz, Y. Gao, and G. Gerig, "User-Guided Segmentation of Multi-modality Medical Imaging Datasets with ITK-SNAP," Neuroinformatics, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 83-102, Jan. 2019. [URL]
- R. Clipp, J. Vicory, S. Horvath, S. Mitran, J. Kimbell, J. Rhee, and A. Enquobahrie, "An Interactive, Patient-Specific Virtual Surgical Planning System for Upper Airway Obstruction Treatments," in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2018. [URL]
- L. Tu, M. Styner, J. Vicory, S. Elhabian, R. Wang, J. Hong, B. Paniagua, J. Prieto, D. Yang, R. Whitaker, and S. Pizer, "Skeletal Shape Correspondence Through Entropy," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1-11, Jan. 2018. [URL]
- J. Vicory, L. Pascal, P. Hernandez, J. Fishbaugh, J. Prieto, M. Mostapha, C. Huang, H. Shah, J. Hong, Z. Liu, L. Michoud, J. Fillion-Robin, G. Gerig, H. Zhu, S. Pizer, M. Styner, and B. Paniagua, "SlicerSALT: Shape AnaLysis Toolbox," in Shape in Medical Imaging. Springer International Publishing, 2018, pp. 65-72. [URL]
- D. Zukić, J. Vicory, M. McCormick, L. Wisse, G. Gerig, P. Yushkevich, and S. Aylward, "nD morphological contour interpolation," The Insight Journal, 2016. [URL]
- L. Tu, M. Styner, J. Vicory, B. Paniagua, J. Prieto, D. Yang, and S. Pizer, "Skeletal shape correspondence via entropy minimization," in SPIE Medical Imaging, 2015. [URL]
- L. Tu, J. Vicory, S. Elhabian, B. Paniagua, J. Prieto, R. Whitacker, M. Styner, and S. Pizer, "Entropy-based Correspondence Improvement of Interpolated Skeletal Models," in Submitted to IEEE Information Processing in Medical Imaging, 2015.