Director of Cyber-Physical Systems
Keith joined Kitware in May 2010 as a research and development engineer and was rapidly promoted to technical lead for his technical contributions and leadership across multiple projects on the Computer Vision Team, particularly the DARPA PerSEAS and VIRAT efforts. He was then promoted to an assistant director, where he demonstrated outstanding leadership on large, multi-year, multi-phase projects. Through these projects, which include DARPA Squad-X Core Technologies and DARPA URSA, he has developed a new area of business for Kitware in cyber-physical systems (CPS). This resulted in his most recent promotion to director of cyber-physical systems.
Previously, Keith worked for IBM, Digital Equipment Corporation, and as an independent consultant building medical software for Apple Macintosh computers. He then took a position with Adobe Systems in Seattle, Washington, where he pioneered Adobe’s early online commerce activities and joined the Consumer Systems Group dedicated to bringing Adobe technology to non-traditional consumer computing devices. The Consumer Systems Group was spun out by Adobe as PictureIQ Inc. where Keith served as the head of engineering, architecting and developing award winning server technology for the then nascent online photo industry. Keith Fieldhouse graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science from the Rochester Institute of Technology. He also holds a M.A. in Military History from Norwich University.
More recently Keith worked at Simmetrix Inc, where he was the lead and principal architect of a Python-based rapid development environment for Simulation Based Design.
- M. Brown, K. Fieldhouse, E. Swears, P. Tunison, A. Romlein, and A. Hoogs, "Multi-Modal Detection Fusion on a Mobile UGV for Wide-Area, Long-Range Surveillance," in 2019 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2019. [URL]
- M. Brown, K. Fieldhouse, E. Swears, P. Tunison, A. Romlein, and A. Hoogs, "Multi-Modal Detection Fusion on Mobile UGV for Squad-Level Threat Alerting," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion, 2018.
- S. Han, A. Fafard, J. Kerekes, M. Gartley, E. Ientilucci, A. Savakis, C. Law, J. Parhan, M. Turek, K. Fieldhouse, and T. Rovito, "Efficient generation of image chips for training deep learning algorithms," in SPIE Defense + Security, 2017. [URL]
- M. Dawkins, L. Sherrill, K. Fieldhouse, A. Hoogs, B. Richards, D. Zhang, L. Prasad, K. Williams, N. Lauffenburger, and G. Wang, "An open-source platform for underwater image and video analytics," in Proceedings of the IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, 2017. Winner, Best Paper Honorable Mention. [URL]
- K. Fieldhouse, A. Hoogs, and E. Swears, "Linking Unmanned Systems, Visible and IR Video, Computer Vision, and Humans Together for Real-Time, Squad-Level, Battlefield Situational Awareness: THreat Reconnaissance and Exploitation from Audio-video Target eXtraction (THREAT X)," in AUVSI XPONENTIAL Conference, 2017.
- C. Law, J. Parham, M. Dawkins, P. Tunison, D. Stoup, R. Blue, K. Fieldhouse, M. Turek, A. Hoogs, S. Han, A. Farafard, J. Kerekes, E. Lentilucci, M. Gartley, T. Savakis, T. Rovito, S. Thomas, and C. Stansifer, "Deep learning for object detection and object-based change detection in satellite imagery," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion, 2017.
- K. Fieldhouse, A. Hoogs, and E. Swears, "Fusing Visible and Infrared (IR) Video on Mobile Robots, UAVs and Warfighters for Real-Time, Squad-Level Situational Awareness," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion, 2017.
- M. Turek, A. Basharat, K. Fieldhouse, P. Tunison, D. Stoup, C. Atkins, and A. Hoogs, "Real-time, full-frame wide area motion imagery analytics," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Passive Sensors, 2015.
- A. Hoogs, A. Perera, R. Collins, A. Basharat, K. Fieldhouse, C. Atkins, L. Sherrill, B. Boeckel, R. Blue, M. Woehlke, C. Greco, Z. Sun, E. Swears, N. Cuntoor, J. Luck, B. Drew, D. Hanson, D. Rowley, J. Kopaz, T. Rude, D. Keefe, A. Srivastava, S. Khanwalkar, A. Kumar, C. Chen, J. Aggarwal, L. Davis, Y. Yacoob, A. Jain, D. Liu, S. Chang, B. Song, A. Roy-Chowdhury, K. Sullivan, J. Tesic, S. Chandrasekaran, B. Manjunath, X. Wang, Q. Ji, K. Reddy, J. Liu, M. Shah, K. Chang, T. Chen, and M. Desai, "An end-to-end system for content-based video retrieval using behavior, actions, and appearance with interactive query refinement," in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, 2015. [URL]
- K. Fieldhouse, M. Leotta, A. Basharat, R. Blue, D. Stoup, C. Atkins, L. Sherrill, B. Boeckel, P. Tunison, J. Becker, M. Dawkins, M. Woehlke, R. Collins, M. Turek, and A. Hoogs, "KWIVER: An open source cross-platform video exploitation framework," in Proceedings of the IEEE Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop, 2014. [URL]
- A. Basharat, M. Turek, Y. Xu, C. Atkins, D. Stoup, K. Fieldhouse, P. Tunison, and A. Hoogs, "Real-time multi-target tracking at 210 megapixels/second in Wide Area Motion Imagery," in Proceedings of the IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, 2014. [URL]