Tomviz 0.8.0 Released: Tomography for Materials Science
We are very pleased to announce the release of tomviz 0.8.0 (article on Opensource.com with some background). This release adds several new features and is the first to use Qt 5. It features some user interface changes (including integration of ITK for segmentation and numerical analysis). Highlights of this release include:
- Moved to Qt 5 for improved graphical user interface
- Linux binary package in addition to Windows and Mac OS X
- Integrated opacity editor, color bar, and histogram widget
- Added support for moving volumes relative to one another
- Improvements to state file save/load
- Improved integration with ITK, some initial segmentation operations
- Simplified the user interface for visualization properties
- Added simple examples of ITK usage in operator pipelines
There are some known issues relating to the move to Qt 5, we will work to address these in future releases. The main issues relate to rendering artifacts/problems on Mac OS X, as this is the first release to feature Qt 5 we would appreciate your feedback on any additional issues you might encounter.
The tomviz project is developed as part of a collaboration between Kitware and Cornell University under DOE Office of Science contract DE-SC0011385. This is a community project, and we are very pleased to take input and contributions from all in the community.