Mr. Aashish Chaudhary is an Research and Development Engineer in the Scientific Computing Group at Kitware, Inc. As an active researcher and developer in information and scientific visualization, he has contributed in various technical capacities to VTK, ParaView, UV-CDAT, VES and many other SBIR and open source projects. Prior to joining Kitware, Mr. Chaudhary worked as a Research Scientist at Louisiana Immersive Technology Enterprise (LITE3D), University of Louisiana (UL), and Arizona State University (ASU) where he developed toolkits and applications related to information and geo-visualizations. Mr. Chaudhary obtained his MS degree from Iowa State University (ISU) in 2005. He has published papers in journals and conferences, and written numerous articles and blogs on visualization.
Mr Chaudhary is focused on building sophisticated visualizations and analysis tools for information and geo-visualization. Additionally, he is interested in software frameworks, computer graphics, human computer interactions (HCI), GPGPU computing, and visualization on mobile devices. He is one of the core developers of VES and UV-CDAT. VES is the VTK OpenGL ES Rendering Toolkit for mobile devices build on top of OpenGL ES and Visualization Toolkit (VTK) to deliver scientific and medical visualization capabilities to mobile application developers. The integrated software product, the Ultrascale Visualization Climate Data Analysis Tools (UV-CDAT), is a powerful and complete front-end to a rich set of visual-data exploration and analysis capabilities well suited for climate-data analysis problems.
He has lead the development of new stereo visualization and interactions for ParaView and has been awarded a Phase II project to further develop open source tools for researchers and non-researchers to understand long-term climate change projections.
- The visualization toolkit (vtk): rewriting the rendering code for modern graphics cards," SoftwareX, May 2015. , "
- Climate for the Masses," Jun. 2014. , "
- Transitions Tutorial for KiwiViewer and VES," Apr. 2014. , "
- Exploratory Climate Data Visualization and Analysis Using DV3D and ParaView in UV-CDAT," Jun. 2014. , "
- Vtk's second google summer of code," Kitware Source, Oct. 2014. , "
- Sketchalyze: Structural Analysis Goes Mobile," Oct. 2013. , "
- A model for optimizing file access patterns using spatio-temporal parallelism," Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Ultrascale Visualization, Dec. 2013. , "
- Ultrascale visualization of climate data," Computer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 68--76, Sep. 2013. , "
- ClimatePipes: User-Friendly Data Access, Manipulation, Analysis & Visualization of Community Climate Models," Jul. 2013. , "
- Immersive ParaView Experiences at Idaho National Laboratory," Oct. 2012. , "
- VisGUI: A Visualization Framework for Video Analysis," Oct. 2012. , "
- Is what you see, what you get? geospatial visualizations address scale and usability," GeoWorld, Jan. 2011. , "
- Geospatial and Entity Driven Document Visualization for Non-proliferation Analysis," Oct. 2011. , "
- Immersive ParaView: A community-based, immersive, universal scientific visualization application," pp. 239--240, Jan. 2011. , "