Mr. Aashish Chaudhary is an Research and Development Engineer in the Scientific Computing Group at Kitware, Inc. As an active researcher and developer in information and scientific visualization, he has contributed in various technical capacities to VTK, ParaView, UV-CDAT, VES and many other SBIR and open source projects. Prior to joining Kitware, Mr. Chaudhary worked as a Research Scientist at Louisiana Immersive Technology Enterprise (LITE3D), University of Louisiana (UL), and Arizona State University (ASU) where he developed toolkits and applications related to information and geo-visualizations. Mr. Chaudhary obtained his MS degree from Iowa State University (ISU) in 2005. He has published papers in journals and conferences, and written numerous articles and blogs on visualization.
Mr Chaudhary is focused on building sophisticated visualizations and analysis tools for information and geo-visualization. Additionally, he is interested in software frameworks, computer graphics, human computer interactions (HCI), GPGPU computing, and visualization on mobile devices. He is one of the core developers of VES and UV-CDAT. VES is the VTK OpenGL ES Rendering Toolkit for mobile devices build on top of OpenGL ES and Visualization Toolkit (VTK) to deliver scientific and medical visualization capabilities to mobile application developers. The integrated software product, the Ultrascale Visualization Climate Data Analysis Tools (UV-CDAT), is a powerful and complete front-end to a rich set of visual-data exploration and analysis capabilities well suited for climate-data analysis problems.
He has lead the development of new stereo visualization and interactions for ParaView and has been awarded a Phase II project to further develop open source tools for researchers and non-researchers to understand long-term climate change projections.
- A. Chaudhary, S. Jhaveri, A. Sanchez, L. Avila, K. Martin, A. Vacanti, M. Hanwell, and W. Schroeder, "Cross-Platform Ubiquitous Volume Rendering Using Programmable Shaders in VTK for Scientific and Medical Visualization," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 26-43, Mar. 2019.
- N. Malitsky, A. Chaudhary, S. Jourdain, M. Cowan, P. O’Leary, M. Hanwell, and K. Van Dam, "Building near-real-time processing pipelines with the spark-MPI platform," in Proceedgins of the New York Scientific Data Summit, 2017. [URL]
- P. O'Leary, S. Jhaveri, A. Chaudhary, W. Sherman, K. Martin, A. Vacanti, E. Whiting, J. Money, and S. McKenzie, "Enhancements to VTK enabling scientific visualization in immersive environments," in Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference, 2017. [URL]
- C. Harris, P. O'Leary, M. Grauer, A. Chaudhary, C. Kotfila, and R. O'Bara, "Dynamic Provisioning and Execution of HPC Workflows Using Python," in Workshop on Python for High-Performance and Scientific Computing, 2016. [URL]
- M. Hanwell, K. Martin, A. Chaudhary, and L. Avila, "The Visualization Toolkit (VTK): Rewriting the rendering code for modern graphics cards," SoftwareX, vol. 1-2, pp. 9-12, Sep. 2015. [URL]
- S. Sua, A. Chaudhary, P. O’Leary, B. Geveci, W. Sherman, H. Nieto, and L. Francisco-Revilla, "Virtual reality enabled scientific visualization workflow," in IEEE Workshop on Everyday Virtual Reality, 2015. [URL]
- S. Jhaveri, A. Chaudhary, and L. Avila, "Volume rendering improvements in VTK," Kitware Source, no. 31, Oct. 2014.
- A. Chaudhary, C. Goodlett, and D. Thompson, "Transitions tutorial for KiwiViewer and VES," Kitware Source, no. 28, 2014.
- M. Hanwell, A. Chaudhary, J. Baumes, and B. Geveci, "VTK's second Google Summer of Code," Kitware Source, no. 31, 2014.
- D. Williams, T. Bremer, C. Doutriaux, J. Patchett, S. Williams, G. Shipman, R. Miller, D. Pugmire, B. Smith, C. Steed, E. Bethel, H. Childs, H. Krishnan, P. Prabhat, M. Wehner, C. Silva, E. Santos, D. Koop, T. Ellqvist, J. Poco, B. Geveci, A. Chaudhary, A. Bauer, A. Pletzer, D. Kindig, G. Potter, and T. Maxwell, "Ultrascale visualization of climate data," Computer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 68-76, Sep. 2013. [URL]
- W. Silva, B. Burnett, A. Chaudhary, D. DeMarle, and C. Harris, "ClimatePipes: User-friendly data access, manipulation, analysis & visualization of community climate models," Kitware Source, no. 26, 2013.
- A. Bauer, A. Chaudhary, T. Maxwell, B. Nouanesengsy, and J. Patchett, "Exploratory climate data visualization and analysis using DV3D and ParaView in UV-CDAT," Kitware Source, no. 25, 2013.
- M. Baitsch, A. Chaudhary, and D. Truong, "Sketchalyze: Structural analysis goes mobile," Kitware Source, no. 27, 2013.
- B. Nouanesengsy, J. Patchett, J. Ahrens, A. Bauer, A. Chaudhary, R. Miller, B. Geveci, G. Shipman, and D. Williams, "A model for optimizing file access patterns using spatio-temporal parallelism," in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Ultrascale Visualization, 2013. [URL]
- A. Chaudhary, B. Sherman, and E. Whiting, "Immersive ParaView experiences at Idaho National Laboratory," Kitware Source, no. 23, 2012.
- R. Blue, A. Chaudhary, B. Payne, and M. Woehlke, "VisGUI: A visualization framework for video analysis," Kitware Source, no. 23, 2012.
- J. Shepherd, J. Baumes, and A. Chaudhary, "Geospatial and entity driven document visualization for non-proliferation analysis," in Geospatial and Entity Driven Document Visualization for Non-proliferation Analysis, 2011.
- A. Chaudhary and J. Baumes, "Is what you see what you get? Geospatial visualizations address scale and usability (Industry Trends)," GEO World, vol. 24, no. 5, May 2011.
- N. Shetty, A. Chaudhary, D. Coming, W. Sherman, P. O'Leary, E. Whiting, and S. Su, "Immersive ParaView: A community-based, immersive, universal scientific visualization application," in Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference, 2011. [URL]