CMake 2.8.11-rc2 ready for testing!
The CMake 2.8.11 release candidate stream continues!
You can find the source and binaries here: http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/?C=M;O=D
Some of the notable changes in this release are:
- Introduced Target Usage Requirements
- Targets can specify usage requirements for their consumers such as include directories and preprocessor definitions; previously only link dependencies were supported
- target_link_libraries(myexe yourlib) can now build myexe sources with requirements specified by yourlib
- Added target_include_directories and target_compile_definitions commands with PUBLIC/PRIVATE/INTERFACE options
- See design and development discussion at http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/CMake_target_usage_requirements
- Introduced a Generator Toolset selection for VS >= 10 and Xcode >= 3
- Tell the IDEs which compiler toolchain to use
- ex. Use VS 9 tools under VS 10: -G “Visual Studio 10” -T “v90”
- Introduced ExternalData Module
- Keep source trees lightweight by storing data separately
- Reference data unambiguously from source tree by content hash
- Fetch on-demand during build from local or remote resources
- CMake: Sublime Text Generator added that supports both Make and Ninja
- CMake: Added support for Texas Instruments C6 and up compilers
- CMake: Improve OpenBSD support
- CMake: Support for Windows CE with VS 8 and 9 generators
- CPack: Added Support for 64bit NSIS
- CPack: Added WiX Package Generator
- ExternalProject: Will run git fetch less often
- FindBoost: Major overhaul of searching and result caching
- FindCUDA: Now has support for separable compilation
- FindQt4: Overall improvements to finding Qt and importing targets
- FindSquish: Added support for squish 4
- GetPrerequisites: Port to MinGW with objdump
The bug tracker change log page for this version is at:
Following is the complete list of changes in this rc since the previous release candiatate. Please try this version of CMake on your projects and report any issues to the list or the bug tracker.
Changes in CMake 2.8.11-rc2 (since 2.8.11-rc1)
Alex Neundorf (6):
Determine C/CXX/Fortran compiler: minor restructuring
Determine C/CXX/Fortran compiler: fix indentation
rename TI_DSP toolchain to TI, since it works also for the ARM compiler
TI compiler: add automatic detection of prefix and suffixes
Modules/readme.txt: switch from “XXX” to “Xxx”
Modules/readme.txt: make lines a bit shorter for easier readability
Ben Boeckel (1):
Clang: Add -isystem flag support everywhere
Bill Hoffman (1):
ExternalProject: Retry on a failed git clone
Brad King (8):
string: Fix regex documentation of ‘^’ and ‘$’ (#14028)
Rename variable for including current directory in interfaces
Replace <TARGET> in CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILE_OBJECT rule variables
Test evaluation of per-config COMPILE_DEFINITIONS (#14037)
VS: Fix VS 10/11 .sln headers (#14038)
add_dependencies: Distinguish target v. file dependencies in error (#14050)
automoc: Use a pre-build event in VS >= 7
Handle usr-move without forcing absolute paths (#14041)
Clinton Stimpson (2):
FindQt4: If Qt5 is in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, be sure to find Qt4 includes.
Qt4: Fix typo setting a variable for FindThreads.
James Bigler (1):
FindCUDA: Use the PRE_LINK mode only for MSVC >= 10
Matthew Woehlke (4):
UseJava.cmake: simplify path logic
UseJava.cmake: fix passing jars to add_jar
UseJava.cmake: accept jar targets in add_jar
UseJava.cmake: require explicit request to include jars
Paul Kunysch (1):
CPack: Avoid “format expects ‘unsigned int'” warnings
Petr Kmoch (1):
cmSystemTools: Generalize TrimWhitespace to all whitespace
Rex Dieter (1):
FindImageMagick: Search versioned suffixes (#14012)
Rolf Eike Beer (1):
FindRuby: improve version selection
Stephen Kelly (13):
FindQt4: Set the Qt4_FOUND variable if Qt4 is found
FindQt4: Set the INTERFACE_QT_MAJOR_VERSION for Qt4::QtCore
Document that CMAKE_AUTOMOC works with Qt 5.
FPHSA: Fix FOUND_VAR check to work with if() auto-dereference
Fix cmGeneratorExpression::Preprocess for interleaved inputs.
cmake-gui: Use the QStandardItemModel workaround until 5.1.0.
Automoc: append implicit includes after user-specified dirs
Fix the evaluation of per-config COMPILE_DEFINITIONS (#14037)
Fix new target commands documentation.
install(EXPORT): Ensure clean INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
Report an error on IMPORTED targets with a faulty INTERFACE
Error if linked target has relative paths in INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
Fix the Qt 5 version required to run the IncompatibleQt test.