The CMake 2.8.8 release candidate stream continues! You can find the source and binaries here:
Some of the notable changes in this release are:
- per target include directories via the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES target property
- new Ninja generator on Linux
- CMakeAddFortranSubdirectory: build MSVC compatible dlls with MinGW gfortran
- CMakePackageConfigHelpers: an easy way to generate a package config file for your package
(do not write a new Find module, provide a package config file)
- various find_package improvements: MODULE mode, clearer error messages
- support for Xcode 4.3 (which has a new default location, and a new directory structure)
- update libarchive to newer upstream version: “libarchive 3.0.2-r4051 (reduced)”
- new OBJECT_LIBRARY target type, CMake flavored “convenience libraries”
- major Find module clean up effort: consistent use of FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS, add version number variables
- much improved CPack documentation, see “cpack –help-command” and “cpack –help-variable”
- and, as always, various minor bug fixes
Following is the complete list of changes in this rc since the last release. Please try this version of CMake on your projects and report any issues to the list or the bug tracker.
Changes in CMake 2.8.8-rc2 (since 2.8.8-rc1)
Alex Neundorf (4):
make cmLocalGenerator::EscapeForCMake() static
automoc: fix #13018, proper cmake escaping to avoid false rebuilds
automoc: add define to test which caused bug #13018
fix #13054: support OBJECT libraries in Eclipse
Ben Boeckel (1):
Create granular targets for Ninja generators too
Brad King (6):
CTest.UpdateHG: Fix repo URL for leading slash
Always compile sources with known language
Classify known header file extensions as headers
VS: Add CMakeLists.txt re-run rules at start of generation
Test generated module .def files
Ninja: Fix module .def file path conversion
David Cole (2):
CMake: Clarify SUFFIX target property documentation.
Xcode: Pay attention to custom configuration types (#13082)
Peter Collingbourne (1):
Ninja: Substitute <OBJECT> and <CMAKE_C_COMPILER> in depfile flags
Rolf Eike Beer (2):
FILE: mention that TO_CMAKE_PATH also handles list delimiters
FIND_LIBRARY: document FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS
Sean McBride (1):
automoc: include <unistd.h> on Apple to get pathconf
Tom Hughes (1):
Override topdir from rpm command line seems necessary on Amazon linux.
4 comments to CMake 2.8.8-rc2 ready for testing!
Perhaps it slipped into the cracks of my tri-focals, but I cannot find a link to post questions other than the blog, or possibly report a bug. I will gladly post there if someone can point this geezer to a link.
I’m using 2.8.8 RC2 on OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.3.2. The projects loads into Xcode and appears to build, but produces no dylib files. If I run xcodebuild from a terminal I see an error in a header file which is defined in the CMakeLists files but not found in HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS. I suspect the error to be aborting the final link to produce the drib files.
Typically, people discuss issues like this first on the CMake mailing list. You can sign up for it here: http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Then, after discussion on the mailing list, if it is indeed deemed to be a CMake issue, you can report it in the CMake bug tracker here: http://public.kitware.com/Bug
Thanks for trying the release candidate!
One more resource to mention: CMake’s web site has an extensive collection of links to various associated resources: online documentation, bug tracker, mailing list, wiki, FAQ, source repository, ……
CMake’s main web site is here: http://www.cmake.org
Thanks, I’ve created my login. Had one but it’s been almost 2 years since I used it.I had posted a question concerning VS 2010 allowing older platforms and compatibility with CMake.