IGSTK User Group Meeting
The first ever IGSTK User Group Meeting took place at the SPIE Medical Imaging conference in Orlando, Florida on February 7, 2009. Due to space constraints, the meeting was invitation only. The morning session was dedicated to annual review.
During this session, IGSTK core developers presented their work that is incorporated in the new release: IGSTK 4.0. This was followed by an application demo by Jeff Stanley from NDI. In the afternoon session, participants presented applications developed using IGSTK. The applications included an image-guided surgical drill, intraoperative cone-Beam CT for guidance of head and neck surgery, and OpenIGTLink, which integrates Slicer and IGSTK to enable multimodal neuronavigation in neurosurgery and ultrasound-based intervention.
Participants were from:
• Kitware, Inc., Clifton Park, NY
• Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center at Georgetown University, Washington DC.
• Harvard University Medical School, Surgical Planning Lab, Boston, MA
• French National Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM), University of Rennes, Rennes, France
• Northern Digital Inc (NDI), Ontario, Canada
• SINTEF Health Research Department (Trondheim, Norway)
For abstracts and presentation slides, visit the IGSTK Wiki and search for “IGSTK Meeting”. The group is planning on organizing a European User’s meeting to be held at Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 23rd International Congress and Exhibition in Berlin, Germany, June 23-27, 2009.