Assistant Director of Scientific Computing
Dr. O’Leary completed a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at the University of Wyoming under the direction of Dr. Myron B. Allen III in 1999. His dissertation involved stochastic modeling of groundwater contaminant transport entitled “Mathematical Modeling of Variably Absorbing Contaminants in Porous Media.” He then served in a postdoctoral position at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, under the supervision of Dr. Richard E. Ewing.
Dr. O’Leary has held faculty, research and leadership positions at a number of universities (Wyoming, Texas A&M, Minnesota, Alaska Anchorage and Northern Arizona University, University of Alberta), laboratories (Los Alamos National, NOAA FSL, Idaho National) and institutions (Wyoming Institute for Scientific Computation, Texas A&M Institute for Scientific Computation, Desert Research Institute and WestGrid/Compute Canada).
Currently, Dr. O’Leary is the Assistant Director of Scientific Computing for Kitware, Inc. and leads the office in Santa Fe, NM. His research interests include high performance computing (HPC), numerical analysis, finite elements and visualization.
- E. Wernert, W. R. Sherman, P. O'Leary, and E. T. Whiting, "A common path forward for the immersive visualization community," IEEE VR 2012 Conference Workshop on Immersive Visualization, 2012
- N. Shetty, A. Chaudhary, D. S. Coming, W. R. Sherman, P. O'Leary, E. T. Whiting, and S. Su, Immersive ParaView: A community-based, immersive, universal scientific visualization application. IEEE, 2011, pp. 239-240
- W. R. Sherman, P. O'Leary, E. T. Whiting, S. Grover, and E. A. Wernert, "IQ-Station: A Low Cost Portable Immersive Environment," Springer, vol. 6454, pp. 361-372, Jan. 2010.
- P. O'Leary et al., "Enabling Scientific Workflows Using Immersive Microbiology," IEEE Visualization 2008 Conference Workshop on Scientific Workflow with Immersive Interfaces for Visualization, 2008
- E. Wyatt and P. O'Leary, Interactive Poster: Grid-Enabled Collaborative Scientific Visualization Environment. IEEE Computer Society, 2004
- D. Mach, S. D. Rodgers, M. A. C. Sabino, N. M. Luger, M. J. Schwei, J. D. Pomonis, D. R. Clohisy, D. J. Adams, P. O'Leary, and P. W. Mantyh, "Origins of Skeletal Pain: Sensory and sympathetic innervation of the mouse femur," Neuroscience, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 155-166, Jan. 2002.
- P. O'Leary et al., "Groundwater Transport with Stochastic Retardation," Proceedings, XII International Conference On Computational Methods in Water Resources,, 1998, pp. 255-261
- P. O'Leary et al., "Groundwater Transport with Stochastic Retardation," Proceedings, Third IMACS International Symposium on Iterative Methods in Scientific Computing, 1997, pp. 123-128
- J. Zahradnik, P. O'Leary, and J. S. Sochacki, "Finite-Difference Schemes for Elastic Waves Based on the Integration Approach," Geophysics, vol. 59, pp. 928-937, Jan. 1994.
- R. E. Ewing, R. C. Sharpley, D. Mitchum, P. O'Leary, and J. S. Sochacki, Distributed computation of wave propagation models using PVM. IEEE Computer Society Press, 1994, pp. 22-33
- R. Ewing, D. Mitchum, P. O'Leary, R. C. Sharpley, and J. S. Sochacki, "Distributed Computation of Wave Propagation Models Using PVM," Proceedings, Supercomputing '93, 1993, pp. 22-31
- R. Ewing, M. A. Celia, P. O'Leary, J. E. Pasciak, and A. Vassilev, "Parallelization of Multiphase Models for Contaminant Transport in Porous Media," Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, 1993, pp. 133-141
- R. Ewing, P. O'Leary, and J. S. Sochacki, "Aspects of Parallel Processing in Reservoir Simulation," Proceedings, Ninth ASCE Engineering Mechanics Specialty Conference, 1992, pp. 111-114
- M. Celia, R. E. Ewing, and P. O'Leary, "Numerical Simulation of Unsaturated Flow and Contaminant Transport on a Massively Parallel Machine," Proceedings: AGU Fall 1991 Meeting, 1991, pp. 245-253
- R. E. Ewing, P. O'Leary, and J. S. Sochacki, Vector/parallel implementation of a porous media flow code. IEEE Computer Society Press, 1991, pp. 294-303
- P. O'Leary, "Developing Mathematical Models for the NCUBE," Neural Networks Conference in Idaho State University, 1990
- J. Sochacki, P. O'Leary, C. Bennett, R. E. Ewing, and R. C. Sharpley, "Seismic Modeling and Inversion on the NCUBE," Proceedings, Fifth Distributed Memory Computing Conference, 1990, pp. 530-535