Assistant Director of Scientific Computing
Dr. O’Leary completed a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at the University of Wyoming under the direction of Dr. Myron B. Allen III in 1999. His dissertation involved stochastic modeling of groundwater contaminant transport entitled “Mathematical Modeling of Variably Absorbing Contaminants in Porous Media.” He then served in a postdoctoral position at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, under the supervision of Dr. Richard E. Ewing.
Dr. O’Leary has held faculty, research and leadership positions at a number of universities (Wyoming, Texas A&M, Minnesota, Alaska Anchorage and Northern Arizona University, University of Alberta), laboratories (Los Alamos National, NOAA FSL, Idaho National) and institutions (Wyoming Institute for Scientific Computation, Texas A&M Institute for Scientific Computation, Desert Research Institute and WestGrid/Compute Canada).
Currently, Dr. O’Leary is the Assistant Director of Scientific Computing for Kitware, Inc. and leads the office in Santa Fe, NM. His research interests include high performance computing (HPC), numerical analysis, finite elements and visualization.
- A common path forward for the immersive visualization community," Mar. 2012. , "
- Immersive ParaView: A community-based, immersive, universal scientific visualization application," p. 239–240, Jan. 2011. , "
- IQ-Station: A Low Cost Portable Immersive Environment," vol. 6454, p. 361–372, Jan. 2010. , "
- Enabling Scientific Workflows Using Immersive Microbiology," Oct. 2008. , "
- Interactive Poster: Grid-Enabled Collaborative Scientific Visualization Environment," Jan. 2004. , "
- Origins of skeletal pain: sensory and sympathetic innervation of the mouse femur," Neuroscience, vol. 113, no. 1, p. 155–166, Jan. 2002. , "
- Groundwater Transport with Stochastic Retardation," vol. 1, p. 255–261, Jan. 1998. , "
- Groundwater Transport with Stochastic Retardation," vol. 4, p. 123–128, Jan. 1997. , "
- Finite-difference schemes for elastic waves based on the integration approach," Geophysics, vol. 59, p. 928–937, Jan. 1994. , "
- Distributed computation of wave propagation models using PVM," p. 22–33, Jan. 1994. , "
- Distributed Computation of Wave Propagation Models Using PVM," p. 22–31, Nov. 1993. , "
- Parallelization of multiphase models for contaminant transport in porous media," SIAM-Press, vol. 1, p. 133–141, Jan. 1993. , "
- Aspects of Parallel Processing in Reservoir Simulation," p. 111–114, Jan. 1992. , "
- Numerical Simulation of Unsaturated Flow and Contaminant Transport on a Massively Parallel Machine," p. 245–253, Dec. 1991. , "
- Vector/parallel implementation of a porous media flow code," p. 294–303, Jan. 1991. , "
- Seismic Modeling and Inversion on the NCUBE," p. 530–535, Jan. 1990. , "
- Developing Mathematical Models for the NCUBE," Apr. 1990. , "