Senior R&D Engineer
Sam received her in B.S. in Bioengineering with a minor in computer science from the University of Pittsburgh. She later attended Carnegie Mellon University, where she completed her M.S. and Ph.D. in Robotics. Prior to joining Kitware, Sam was a postdoctoral fellow at Carnegie Mellon University. There, she worked on the development of haptic devices for the visually impaired. Sam’s publications on her work have been featured at many conferences, including SPIE Medical Imaging and the International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions (MICCAI).
- S. Horvath, V. Arikatla, K. Cleary, K. Sharma, A. Rosenberg, and A. Enquobahrie, "Towards an advanced virtual ultrasound-guided renal biopsy trainer," in Medical Imaging 2019: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling, 2019. [URL]
- A. Enquobahrie, S. Horvath, S. Arikatla, A. Rosenberg, K. Cleary, and K. Sharma, "Development and face validation of ultrasound-guided renal biopsy virtual trainer," Healthcare Technology Letters, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 210-213, Dec. 2019. [URL]
- D. Chittajallu, A. Basharat, P. Tunison, S. Horvath, K. Wells, S. Leeds, J. Fleshman, G. Sankaranarayanan, and A. Enquobahrie, "Content-based retrieval of video segments from minimally invasive surgery videos using deep convolutional video descriptors and iterative query refinement," in Medical Imaging 2019: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling, 2019.
- V. Arikatla, S. Horvath, Y. Fu, L. Cavuoto, S. De, S. Schwaitzberg, and A. Enquobahrie, "Development and face validation of a virtual camera navigation task trainer," Surgical Endoscopy, Oct. 2018. [URL]
- S. Horvath, B. Paniagua, J. Andruejol, A. Porras, M. Linguraru, and A. Enquobahrie, "Osteotomy planner: an open-source tool for osteotomy simulation," in SPIE Medical Imaging, 2018. [URL]
- R. Clipp, J. Vicory, S. Horvath, S. Mitran, J. Kimbell, J. Rhee, and A. Enquobahrie, "An Interactive, Patient-Specific Virtual Surgical Planning System for Upper Airway Obstruction Treatments," in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2018. [URL]