Staff R&D Engineer
Sankhesh graduated from Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA in March 2010 with a thesis and a patent on his profile. His thesis, “Improving an Automated Mosaicing Algorithm for Wide-Field Microscopy,” involved optimizing image registration and digital correlation algorithms for managing image redundancies; segmenting white light and polarized light images using MATLAB and C++; engineering algorithms for pattern detection, feature tracking, and tile stiching; and programming automatic luminosity variation and distortion control. Sankhesh is a co-inventor for the patent “High Speed and Large Scale Microscopic Imaging,” which describes a novel multi-modal microscopic imaging system for high speed and large throughput imaging of histology slides, as well as thick fresh tissue specimens. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering in India, ’07, where he ranked first in his college and second in the University. During his undergraduate days, he also had a chance to intern at the biomedical department of the Asian Heart Hospital and Research Center.
- A. Chaudhary, S. Jhaveri, A. Sanchez, L. Avila, K. Martin, A. Vacanti, M. Hanwell, and W. Schroeder, "Cross-Platform Ubiquitous Volume Rendering Using Programmable Shaders in VTK for Scientific and Medical Visualization," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 26-43, Mar. 2019.
- A. Lasso, H. Nam, P. Dinh, C. Pinter, J. Fillion-Robin, S. Pieper, S. Jhaveri, J. Vimort, K. Martin, M. Asselin, F. McGowan, R. Kikinis, G. Fichtinger, and M. Jolley, "Interaction with Volume-Rendered Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Images in Virtual Reality," Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, Aug. 2018. [URL]
- P. O'Leary, S. Jhaveri, A. Chaudhary, W. Sherman, K. Martin, A. Vacanti, E. Whiting, J. Money, and S. McKenzie, "Enhancements to VTK enabling scientific visualization in immersive environments," in Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference, 2017. [URL]
- S. Jhaveri, A. Chaudhary, and L. Avila, "Volume rendering improvements in VTK," Kitware Source, no. 31, Oct. 2014.
- S. Jhaveri, "Improving an automated mosaicing algorithm for wide-field microscopy," M.S. thesis, Drexel University, 2010.
- S. Jhaveri, M. Shah, and T. Doehring, "Optimization of a novel, wide-field, high resolution optical microscopy system," Drexel University, 2009. [URL]
- S. Jhaveri, "A Novel High Resolution, Wide-Field microscopy System for Histology Slide and Fresh Tissue Imaging using Polarized Light," Drexel University, 2008.