Staff R&D Engineer
Jacob Becker received his B.S. in Computer Science and Archaeology from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (UW-L) in May 2005. While at UW-L, he pursued original, self-directed research in developing tools to record and visualize contextual relationships within archaeological sites. Part of this work was funded by the UW-L College of Science and Allied Health Deans’ Distinguished Undergraduate Research Fellowship. After UW-L, Jacob went to graduate school at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) where he received a M.S. in Computer Science in August 2009. At RPI he researched aligning a 2D image to a 3D model and filling in holes in LiDAR data using evidence provided by a single aligned 2D image.
Jacob joined the Computer Vision Group at Kitware as an R&D Engineer in October 2009.
- M. Dawkins, A. Basharat, J. Becker, M. Turek, and A. Hoogs, "Deep architecture for small mover detection in overhead infrared imagery," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion, 2016.
- M. Dawkins, Z. Sun, J. Becker, A. Basharat, A. Hoogs, and M. Turek, "Track Object Type Classification Across a Range of Scales and Types of Video," in Proceedings of the MSS National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion, 2016.
- R. Jain, J. Becker, V. Mahadevan, P. Shriwise, R. O’Bara, and I. Grindeanu, "OCC-based meshing for RGG applications using MeshKit," in SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2015.
- K. Fieldhouse, M. Leotta, A. Basharat, R. Blue, D. Stoup, C. Atkins, L. Sherrill, B. Boeckel, P. Tunison, J. Becker, M. Dawkins, M. Woehlke, R. Collins, M. Turek, and A. Hoogs, "KWIVER: An open source cross-platform video exploitation framework," in Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop, 2014. [URL]
- Y. Xu, A. Basharat, J. Becker, and A. Hoogs, "Complex algorithm optimization through probabilistic search of its configuration tree," in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, 2014. [URL]
- J. Becker, C. Stewart, and R. Radke, "LiDAR inpainting from a single image," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision Workshops, 2009. [URL]
- G. Gehua Yang, J. Becker, and C. Stewart, "Estimating the Location of a Camera with Respect to a 3D Model," in International Conference on 3-D Digital Imaging and Modeling, 2007. [URL]