The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce a new patch release for VTK 8.0.
You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the list or the bug tracker.
A big thanks to everyone who contributed changes towards this release. Some of the notable changes in this patch include:
- Fix QVTKOpenGLWidget rendering issues on Windows machines with certain Intel graphics chips. This was a significant issue that broke all rendering and resulted in a black screen. Detailed reports of the issues can be found on the bug tracker:
- Fix data array range caching per finite component which would otherwise cause considerable slow-downs when using data arrays.
- Fix button and slider widgets to work in multi-viewport render windows. Without this change the widgets would either be placed in the wrong viewport or be non-interactive completely.
- Fix image XY sampling in the volume mapper when depth peeling is enabled.
- Fix z-fighting issues with dual depth peeling between two layers of geometry that are too close.
- Fix crash when reparenting the QVTKWidget to a different window. The application would crash due to lack of OpenGL resources for the reparented widget.
We hope you enjoy this release of VTK!
As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
3 comments to VTK 8.0.1 released
FYI – These two links are broken:
– Black render window under Windows 10 with Intel graphics hardware
– Black render window with RDP
Fixed it. Thanks!
Are there plans to enable TDx support for QVTKOpenGLWidget???